Wine or grey

(8 Posts)
StillRunningWithScissors Tue 06-Sep-16 12:57:03

Looking to order a pair of Dr Marten Naturesse boots. I can't decide on the colour though.

The colours I'm considering are either wine or grey shown here

Since I mostly wear jeans, with the very occasional skirt (with black tights) I'm thinking I could get away with the wine for a bit of a change from black/grey, but then I worry it -might- be something I later wish I bought in grey (which in turn may not suite black tights).

Any input?

thank you!

burnishedsilver Tue 06-Sep-16 13:05:27

I vote wine.

Jbck Tue 06-Sep-16 13:14:55

Wine!

Whatthequack Tue 06-Sep-16 13:25:14

I'd go for they grey, as they would go with more colours.

StillRunningWithScissors Tue 06-Sep-16 13:45:35

Hmm, feeling the tug of the wine ones...

ThanksForAllTheFish Tue 06-Sep-16 13:46:32

The grey is very dark so would be mistaken for black from a distance. If they were a lighter grey I would vote for the grey but as they are so dark I would personally go for the red ones. (But I might just be saying that because I have a pair of red docs that are pushing 15 years now and still going strong)

The red looks good with jeans, black tights etc. The grey might look a bit off with black tights because of the 'almost but not quite' black shade. Also WRT shoe polish DM have a red shoe polish specifically for thier boots that matches perfectly. I think you might struggle to get a good polish match for the grey boots.

woowoowoo Tue 06-Sep-16 18:05:36

I vote wine.

They're gorgous BTW.

Are DM boots comfortable?

StillRunningWithScissors Tue 06-Sep-16 19:24:41

DM boots are very comfortable woowoowoo

Right, very sound logic fish. I've always had black docks seen my teens. Had put off buying the tattoo sleeve style eight holes, and they're no longer available... So I'm going to bite the bullet and get ordering the red/wine ones.
Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now