Talk

Advanced search

No shampoo?

(6 Posts)
Spiderpigspiderpig Tue 06-Sep-16 12:25:36

Does anyone no use shampoo. Known as no poo.

I tried it for a couple weeks but gave up as it's a bit of a faff in the shower using bi carb & vinegar.
But I'm thinking of trying again and wondered if anyone has any application tips?

olderthanyouthink Tue 06-Sep-16 18:46:35

I tried this, and conditioner only and using proper soap bar (no SLS) but... At the moment I do low poo.

I liked the ACV rinse and how soft it made my hair feel but the bi carb was a pain, I think it was slightly easier in the bath though. I thought, but never tried having it in a shaker would make it easier to apply but obviously if it gets wet it won't work.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 06-Sep-16 20:23:33

I did it for nearly five years, but just using conditioner.

IWasSpartacus Tue 06-Sep-16 21:35:35

Caveat - I am a curly so may be different to what you need. Everything I use is silicon free.

1) I use a really light conditioner as my shampoo - Alberto Balsam Tea Tree - cheap as chips. Use like shampoo. Rub in/massage scalp/rinse thoroughly
2) Then I use a heavier conditioner (Tresemme Naturals) as a conditioner. I use quite a lot (again due to curls/dry nature of curls) and apply from the ends up - scrunching up to my scalp. Then I rinse - but not as throughly as first conditioner so curls don't get too dried out. In essence I leave the shower with the faintest residue left on hair.

Spiderpigspiderpig Tue 06-Sep-16 21:59:00

I can't just use conditioner as my hair is so lank.
I was thinking more bi carb & acvinegar.

CakeNinja Tue 06-Sep-16 22:03:53

Dp uses shower gel confused
I'm not sure that's the route you wanted to go down though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now