Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who recommends Cetaphil for acne prone skin?

(9 Posts)
Tinks15 Mon 05-Sep-16 21:38:03

Wondered what people's thoughts are.

building2016 Mon 05-Sep-16 21:57:54

Not me. The stearic acid in it broke me out. Was very helpful in helping me figure out what is bad for my skin as it such a short ingredient list.

Blondie1984 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:02:20

I used it and didn't see any difference.....switched to La Roche Posay and that has worked better

SilentlyScreamingAgain Mon 05-Sep-16 22:51:19

I love Cetaphil but I don't think that it will have cured anyone's acne. What it did for me was to calm my skin down enough that I could use other treatments that did sort out my skin. Having said that, skincare is such a personal thing, what woks for someone won't work for another person with the same problems. You can't rule anything in or out with a straw poll.

29redshoes Mon 05-Sep-16 23:27:49

Worked well for me, although my acne wasn't that bad at the time.

justilou Tue 06-Sep-16 09:14:26

Noooooooooooooo! Try La Roche Posay. They have a cleansing gel for sensitive, oily/problem skin that is amazing. (And actually cleans your skin. Cetaphil leaves a residue and I found it very clogging)

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Tue 06-Sep-16 09:25:31

Yeah, as Silently said, the whole point of Cetaphil as part of an acne regime isn't to help the acne, but to not make it worse.

I think it's worth pointing out that there are 2 different formulations of the basic cleanser, too. It always used to be imported from the US, then I noticed a year or so ago that the bottle I bought in Boots was a different product (same packaging). I think they've changed the UK recipe and it's not as good. Anyone with a costco membership can still get the old-style stuff there (2 x 568ml bottles for £14 or so). I love that one, but I wouldn't use the Boots one if I couldn't get it. So can understand people saying they don't like cetaphil, as I only like the US recipe.

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 06-Sep-16 09:29:13

It calmed my skin, but didn't help with actual breakouts.
I did the Lush Ultrabland 30 day challenge, where you put nothing but Ultrabland on your skin for 30 to "bring it back into balance" according to the pot. It improved my skin drastically smile

Tinks15 Tue 06-Sep-16 09:45:01

Thanks all, i have been using La Roche Posay for a few months now it helped my skin brilliantly at the start now all of a sudden this past month i'm constantly breaking out & i dont know why confused. I read an article about Cetaphil about how 'wonderful' it is, so thats why i thought i'd ask for people's opinions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now