Talk

Advanced search

Shoe help

(4 Posts)
bunzle Mon 05-Sep-16 20:36:59

I hate buying shoes at the best of times, but I really need some new work shoes and I just don't know where to start. I am a teacher, so not only on my feet all day, but I have to change sites (a good six minute walk and usually rushing with a heavy bag) twice a day so I really need flat shoes.

But I find that really limits my trouser / skirt choices and I just don't know how to dress any more.

I have some black trousers that I wear quite a lot, but they are quite wide-legged. Would they look ok with brogues? Or are brogues last year's choice?

I also have wide feet, which makes shoe shopping doubly frustrating. Any ideas?

justilou Tue 06-Sep-16 09:24:14

I am buying these from Zara - they are leather and comfy. I feel you can dress these up and down.
m.zara.com/nl/nl/dames/schoenen/leer/leren-high-top-sneakers-met-ritsje-c269194p3610283.html

Bantanddec Tue 06-Sep-16 10:10:29

Brogues are timeless and I think they would look great with wide legged trousers

leccybill Tue 06-Sep-16 10:21:40

I'm a teacher too and I need flats although I find ballerinas a bit too flat.
I'm probably going to get Clarks Hamble Oak brogues in patent leather this year although they are quite narrow.

New Look had some lovely flats last week when I looked- and they have a massive wide fit selection. I saw some nice suede t-bars.
I mainly wear dresses or pencil skirts with black tights most of the year so I need shoes to match those.

The Zara ones above are nice but far too casual for my school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now