Casual styling a black tube skirt

(6 Posts)
Pigeonpost Mon 05-Sep-16 13:53:31

I keep trying to put together everyday outfits (I'm a SAHM) using a v comfy black jersey tube skirt which I used to wear to work. When I wore it to work I wore it with quite smart boxy tops in either a bright silk or a pattern and black heels. But I'd like to get more wear out of it now. The Internet/Pinterest isn't helping me at all other than with ideas for a slouchy fine knit top which its too warm for here (20 degrees). I've tried a couple of my usually Boden casual tops with it but they just don't look right. I can't have anything cropped, clingy or too tucked in as I have a bit of a belly. Any ideas for casual tops? Feet will prob be Adidas Gazelles (it's warm but wet today) or Saltwater sandals. Ankle boots later in the year.

Pigeonpost Mon 05-Sep-16 14:04:28

White vest top better? I always feel like a waitress in black and white. I need a grey vest top...

HeyMacWey Mon 05-Sep-16 14:29:50

I like the red striped top the best.

Runningupthathill82 Mon 05-Sep-16 14:51:50

None of those tops work IMO, and the trainers don't go at all (but not sure if you were suggesting wearing the skirt and trainers together?)

Later this autumn, it might work with a vest top, oversized checked shirt and ankle boots?

CaitAgusMadra Mon 05-Sep-16 15:06:55

I think you need a top that is more draped.

I wore my black tube skirt this summer with this t shirt from Uniqlo (not in stock anymore) and sandals. It also looks good with a chambray denim shirt, sleeves rolled up a bit.

I've always found it tricky to style this type of skirt for summer. Find it much easier in Autumn / winter with black or grey opaques, ankle boots or brogues and slouchy knits.

Pigeonpost Mon 05-Sep-16 16:07:39

Yep, totally agree on the ankle boots and slouchy knit for autumn. My denim skirt looks great with it but again too warm right now. Maybe I just need to write it off as a summer piece. Although something along the lines of those slouchy Uniqlo tops might work. I think the top needs to be boxy with such a clingy lower half. No point in buying anything like that now and don't have anything that works which isn't navy and I'm not sure about navy and black.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now