Talk

Advanced search

Relaxed Afro hair going grey

(6 Posts)
Mollienotaschnauzer Mon 05-Sep-16 12:01:54

Just wondering if anyone has relaxed hair and is going grey?

Do you colour it and what brand do you use?

Not ready to embrace the grey or go natural

RunningLulu Mon 05-Sep-16 13:35:28

My dd has a lock of grey hair. She prefers black henna post-treatment, but the ladies at her salon say you can use any semi-permanent hair dye.

skippy67 Mon 05-Sep-16 15:52:41

I'd be interested to know too. This looks like it might be good. Has anyone tried it?
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000TBXACK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=328RVNZS4BX1G&coliid=I17FNCPZHJ8K0O&psc=1

Beautifullymixed Mon 05-Sep-16 17:29:40

I have relaxed hair (am mixed race), and am not ready to embrace the grey as yet blush.
I pull them out with tweezers at the moment, and have got away with this so far. I'm aware, sadly that this won't last forever, but relaxed hair is very fragile as it is, and there is a definite risk of overprocessing your hair.
Leading to damage or breakage.

I have not worked out a solution to this dilemma myself, to my dismay am far too vain for my own good, but fear it is a choice between hair dye or relaxed hair.
Not both sad

Mollienotaschnauzer Wed 07-Sep-16 01:41:20

That looks good Skippy I put it on my wish list. Its hard to know what to do I could go natural but its not me suited me when younger but not now while in forties! I just don't fancy grey hair at all.

Wondering if olaplex could work

Mollienotaschnauzer Wed 07-Sep-16 01:42:32

Oh and runninglulu any semi? That sounds good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now