um - HELP, I'm off to ibiza and i need HELP!

(73 Posts)
2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 22:00:25

Sorry but I'm desperate

I've had a bit of a lousy time of it lately (see other thread)

A very good friend has booked a long weekend away to ibiza for us. I've not been away for a while (ok years) not been clubing for a long time (ok a decade or more) am not a teenybopper (ok I'm middle aged) am not a super model (I'm ok ish in the dark) or and I'm not tanned (soon so pale I'd pass for a corpse)

Help. What do I need to pack, what are the essientials???

Panicking a bit

MissHemsworth Sun 04-Sep-16 22:08:50

Sounds fab! Get a spray tan if you can, they make me feel good about myself when I go away smile

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 22:13:31

Yes I'm seriously excited and totally panicking in equal measure.

Spray tan as in a salon job? I tried self tan worse and it was umm intersting!

IJustAteTheKidsFoodAgain Sun 04-Sep-16 22:16:47

I would do everything before - gel nails, lashes and spray tan then you're basically good to go and don't have to worry about makeup. A bikini or two, a beach cover up you can wear to lunch and clothes you can go clubbing in, perhaps mix and match of skirts/tops you can dress up/down and some jewellery that looks good but not expensive in case you end up at a foam party and it disappears/gets ruined wink

MissHemsworth Sun 04-Sep-16 22:17:44

Yes, book yourself into a reputable local salon if you can it'll make all the difference! When are you going?

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 22:28:41

We got on the 29th and fly back late on the 3rd. He's booked a "niace" hotel I've never heard off but googled and a big clubs closing night.

You need to be a lot more specific than clubbing clothes think of me as a total idiot (pretty accurate)

So spray ran, nails, lashes etc. Ok I book that

Bikinis I have a couple of - I'll post picks
Cover up (normally just use a sarong - but could probably do with something better!)

Clothes - um on the odd holidays I've been on I've been in mum mode so shorts and best tops basically. So idiots guide needed

Shoes???????

Bag??????

I'm back to panicking

IJustAteTheKidsFoodAgain Sun 04-Sep-16 22:32:00

Wedges - less likely to fall off them! What sort of budget and how likely are you to wear them again? I often browse ASOS for clothes/accessories if I go away with non mum friends and I want to fit in, so I look as young as I feel while I weep into tequila shots about missing the DC

Jaimx86 Sun 04-Sep-16 22:34:03

ANYTHING goes in Ibiza - that's why I love it! Depending on my mood this summer I went out in everything from Zara and Chloe dresses to denim shorts and a vest top following a day/evening at Ocean Beach. No one (no one!) bats an eyelid. Use the few days as a chance to dress up in things you wouldn't be able to at home. A lot of girls were wearing the slip dresses that are around at the minute.

What resort are you staying in?

Jaimx86 Sun 04-Sep-16 22:35:19

Also, which club are you booked to go to?

Laquila Sun 04-Sep-16 22:42:26

Ooh I love this kind of thread!!

If it were me (early 30s, mum of 2, 12-14, 5ft7) I'd take:

Black halterneck cup size bikini (I'm 34E/F)
Similar supportive bikini in a print or stripe
Denim cut-off shorts
Maxi skirt or printed hareem pants
Maxi dress
Beach kaftan
Sundress
Couple of sleeveless vests in neutrals
Couple of plain scoop-neck t-shirts in neutrals
Havaianas
Birkenstocks
Metallic flat sandals
Bangles and a couple of statement necklaces
Big beach bag
Metallic clutch with strap to use as cross-body for when pissed/dancing
Panama hat

What the giddy fuck I'd wear out to a club is anyone's guess though. Poss a black maxi with beaded sandals, clutch and big necklace? I think I'd go for jet-setting eurohippy (not necessarily successfully.) Have fun!!

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 22:55:05

Club is "space"???? And another one all I remember is that is has a pool in it (wtf?)

Hotel begins with a U something like ursala - hang on I'll check!

Bikinis I have these two, every year I buy a black one and pray that no one looks at me. This year I must have been drunk or something I went with these two which according to very honest gay friend and bf look amazing (and they would tell me if I look terrible!)

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 22:59:06

Oh sorry I should probably say I'm tall, size 12 (newly just lost 2 stone), good legs, arms are not my best feature (bad scars), great Boobs (so long as scafolding is in place)

I have a few bits mentioned already (i can post picks)

Ok budget wouldn't want to spend a fortune but don't mind buying a few bits.

Laquila Sun 04-Sep-16 22:59:19

Ushaia (sp?) will be the hotel - v sceney, I think!

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 23:04:18

That's the one!!! What does sceney mean? Ibiza virgin - seriously I'm a total idiot when it comes to ibiza.

Jaimx86 Sun 04-Sep-16 23:05:45

The one with the pool in is Ushuaia. You'll be going there early (it closes at midnight) so you'll be warm. Most girls had on either demin shorts or midi dresses with flats. Hair and makeup was done properly despite casual clothes. Your feet won't get too trampled in there as you'll only get pushed about if you're near the stage. A few girls had body con dresses and heels on, but looked a bit out of place. Look
at some videos on YouTube to get an idea of what people wear.

Space - I'd certainly wear closed toe flat shoes, and would most likely wear trainer style pumps. You won't be going in until 2am-ish, so could always be dressier earlier on.

Jaimx86 Sun 04-Sep-16 23:10:34

This would be perfect for Ushuaia - and on the dressier side of what most will be wearing.

Jaimx86 Sun 04-Sep-16 23:14:28

From Space's Facebook. People waiting to go in. You can see here that clothing is casual - people just want to dance grin

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 23:17:43

Jesus, I wouldn't even know where to start putting something like that outfit together. Crap. I don't mind being on the dressier side but would hate to look out of place. Crap, I NEED to go shopping (sob)

What do you wear with trainers to a club????

Oh fuck really panicking now sad

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 23:20:05

So I have these, these would be ok for space right? And wondering round during the day?? Am I somewhere in the right ball park for that at least?

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 23:26:12

Hello, panicking person here you can not abadon me, PLEASE!

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 23:50:27

I have these too and a few other bits from being dragged shopping when my clothes started falling off of me!

dontwannapullahammie Sun 04-Sep-16 23:56:00

I'm going on holiday soon and sound as clueless as you! I am going to take some bodysuits to wear with dark denim shorts and some nice playsuits for the evening with flat sandals and maybe some wedges if there's room in my bag. Maxi dresses and sundresses for the daytime.

No idea if that's right or not but that's what I'm taking!

dontwannapullahammie Sun 04-Sep-16 23:56:37

Where are those shorts from?

2protecttheinnocent Sun 04-Sep-16 23:58:04

River island that are really flattering and i think pretty good for day and night! Hth. Where are you off to?

dontwannapullahammie Mon 05-Sep-16 00:00:32

They're exactly what I've been looking for but had real trouble finding! We're off to Majorca. I don't do clubbing but will hopefully be off out to visit the local bars of an evening. I'll be a fish out of water for sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now