So Sick of Skinny Jeans

(94 Posts)
CoolToned Sun 04-Sep-16 21:51:22

Anyone with me?

donajimena Sun 04-Sep-16 21:54:12

Yes but what is the alternative?. Next used to do nice 'boyfriend' ones. The most recent pair I bought are like straight leg rather than the right side of baggy.
I don't want bootleg. sad

monkeywithacowface Sun 04-Sep-16 22:01:44

Gap Real Straight jeans are very good

niminypiminy Sun 04-Sep-16 22:01:57

You are surfing the zeitgeist! Vogue says original fit non-stretch are the way to go.

bearofnothingness Sun 04-Sep-16 22:03:35

buy straight leg? there are lots of cut of jeans available confused

bearofnothingness Sun 04-Sep-16 22:04:00

gap bag on the arse

Floisme Sun 04-Sep-16 22:06:05

Yup.

Floisme Sun 04-Sep-16 22:07:18

That's as in yup, I'm with the op. I don't know about Gap.

burnishedsilver Sun 04-Sep-16 22:07:52

Gap have a new 'baby bootleg' that I'm going to try. I'm sick to death the skinnies too. I agree Gap generally isn't great in the arse department but I have had some good pairs.

monkeywithacowface Sun 04-Sep-16 22:09:31

When I bought mine the shop assistant in Gap told me to go down a size as they tend to "give". They were a bit snug initially but fit great now with no baggy bum!

Evergreen17 Sun 04-Sep-16 22:11:19

Yes. I am pregnant and could not buy a pair of jeans that wasnt skinny. precisely now I dont want to be wearing skinny not that I ever do.

It has been years of this!

LadyMetroland Sun 04-Sep-16 22:11:32

Totally agree. Can't stand the tightness on my calves
I wear gap but they're not ideal

PitchFork Sun 04-Sep-16 22:11:53

I'm with you for many people including me skinny trousers look like big-bum-central caricature blousy riding trousers.
gap real straight are nice (come up big so I need a size smaller than with other brands). levis demi curve also good.

CandyMcJingles Sun 04-Sep-16 22:12:56

I have gap real at right, they are great.

Yes, sick of skinnies. I'm down to one pair of Jeggings now and haven't replaced any skinnies for the last year or so. Straight led, slim fit or relaxed instead.
Original fit, is that Levi 501?

bearofnothingness Sun 04-Sep-16 22:14:35

really like levi straight jeans. got some lovely white ones in the sale.

they are just a bit more flattering imo and comfortable

SpaghettiMeatballs Sun 04-Sep-16 22:24:27

Like the 714s bearofnothingness. DH is off to US in a few weeks and this particular trip always takes him past the Levis outlet.... I may have to make a request!

FrustratedFrugal Mon 05-Sep-16 05:33:49

Re straight leg that is not baggy and that feels supple but substantial, MiH The Daily is my new go-to - I buy them in sales, would not pay the full price. I phased skinnies out about a year ago and haven't missed them at all. My calves are very happy grin

KoalaDownUnder Mon 05-Sep-16 05:47:37

Also agree.

Not going back to bootlegs though. Bleurgh.

BugPlaster Mon 05-Sep-16 05:50:08

I'm sick of skinny too. If there are lots of other cuts available put them on display in the shops. I've been looking and it's skinny and super skinny everywhere. So I bought two pairs of real straight jeans online and now have to sell them because they exacerbate a hip problem. Might need to move on from jeans altogether.

TheDowagerCuntess Mon 05-Sep-16 05:57:01

Yes, and have been for a while. Also, always on the look out for jeans without stretch in them - so hard to find.

As a 40-something though, it's hard to know what to go for, that doesn't run the risk of looking quite frumpy. High-waist + straight leg + above ankle = shock

camelfinger Mon 05-Sep-16 06:03:12

I only want to buy jeans at Primark prices until I can be bothered to lose weight. The piles and piles of skinny jeans there are staggering. I spent ages there the other day trying to find straight ones (I have some from a couple of months ago). Left empty handed.

niminypiminy Mon 05-Sep-16 06:41:28

Vogue article reckons Levis 505 are the ones.

Personally I am liking these from Toast. Not exact jeans however.

Oblomov16 Mon 05-Sep-16 06:44:17

I can't seem to find jeans that fit and I hate skinnies.

Heatherbell1978 Mon 05-Sep-16 06:46:50

I loved skinnies until I had a baby and my shape has changed. Now they just sag in the arse. Thankfully I'm pregnant again and I got some great maternity bootleg jeans from Primark last time which were cheap as chips but fitted great so I'm back in them!

marmiteloversunite Mon 05-Sep-16 07:52:15

I find fat face jeans really good if you have a bit of a tummy. They do a slim style which is quite straight and more forgiving than the skinny ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now