Talk

Advanced search

personal shopper

(9 Posts)
wheatchief Sun 04-Sep-16 16:29:15

I have lost some weight and even before that didn't really have enough clothes so am planning a bit of a shopping spree. I'm not a good shopper - I get bored and get depressed when things don't fit/suit/look like the version in my head. So, I was toying with the idea of a personal shopping session, probably in Birmingham although could do Manchester. Does anyone have any experience at any of the department stores or any of the independent shopping services available?

I'm at more of a cos budget than gucci, if that makes any difference.

Nanasueathome Sun 04-Sep-16 16:31:23

John Lewis in Birmingham

Piscivorus Sun 04-Sep-16 16:32:03

I have used John Lewis in Liverpool and found it excellent. The stylist presented me with options I might never have looked at otherwise and really out me at ease so I enjoyed the day

FeministRant Sun 04-Sep-16 16:47:09

I used Debenhams and they were great. Did not try to fob me off with over-priced stuff at all.

deltacrook Sun 04-Sep-16 17:39:45

I am in Scotland but I have always used John Lewis.

wheatchief Sun 04-Sep-16 17:45:31

Brilliant, thanks for such quick and positive replies! How much did you buy of what was suggested to you?

IWasSpartacus Sun 04-Sep-16 18:53:14

I did a John Lewis one. I bought maybe 3 items but was not aiming for a full wardrobe refit - just a couple of outfits. But she brought heaps through - a couple I tried on, a couple I didn't. Everything was in the sale, some higher end price some not.

But as PP said I found it brilliant - and would do again. I also found myself considering things I wouldn't necessarily try. And of the stuff she brought through I would say only one was a hideous fit - the colour, feel, material was all lovely - but just the fit on me was wrong. She was honest in her feedback too (ie with this dress we both laughed with a big 'No way!")

wheatchief Sun 04-Sep-16 18:57:59

Brilliant. Great post! I'm definitely hoping for stuff I wouldn't normally try as I'm stuck in a rut and I'm completely open to honest feedback; my lovely OH is very wary of providing this, which is well intentioned but actually not helpful!

Did you have the two hour session Spartacus?

IWasSpartacus Sun 04-Sep-16 19:13:27

Yes, 2 hours. I didn't want to feel time-pressured - though I think we stopped after an hour and half - I had what I needed iyswim and was "shopped" out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now