Wedding guest outfit help!

(7 Posts)
Thirtiesgirl Sun 04-Sep-16 14:03:58

I'm attending a close family members wedding at the end of the month and I don't have a clue where to begin. I've put on weight and whilst I'm trying to lose it, I will likely be a size 16. One issue I have is a large stomach and am often mistaken for being pregnant and I hate it but am not the best at knowing how to work with it.

The wedding is in a marquee so weather will play a part in it but I am generally on the warm side! I don't have a huge sum of money to spend so have a budget of around £50. I live close to London so can go and look around the shops but any suggestions would be massively appreciated as I want to look fab!

Have you tried any of the Lindy Bop dresses? I have a friend with your build who wore one to a wedding yesterday and looked stunning!

BlurtonOnKites4eva Sun 04-Sep-16 14:14:59

I had this problem recently. I just wore a nice dress that I already had and found a nice big scarf that a used as a shawl to cover my shoulders for the ceremony and cover my belly when I felt self conscious.

BlurtonOnKites4eva Sun 04-Sep-16 14:16:14

Oh what I meant to get across before is that I didn't have to buy anything apart from a scarf for £15. Cheapskate me.

Thirtiesgirl Sun 04-Sep-16 14:24:48

Sadly all my 'old' wedding outfits are to small.

I'll check out Lindy Bop now.

Runningupthathill82 Sun 04-Sep-16 14:36:14

You want a sleek one-colour jumpsuit, fabulous jewellery and sparkly heels IMO.

On-trend, yet comfortable and very flattering (and, unlike many dresses, easy to wear a good supportive bra and big pants with!)

This one is currently in the sale in a size 16:
m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/club-l/club-l-plus-size-jumpsuit-with-scallop-lace-top/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5565332&clr=Navy&SearchQuery=&cid=10528&pgesize=30&pge=0&totalstyles=30&gridsize=2&gridrow=13&gridcolumn=2

I'm thinking it would look fab with sparkly silver heels and bag. Or if not silver, hot pink or orange to add colour? Hair up, big earrings, big smile, you'd look amazing.

tethersend Sun 04-Sep-16 15:42:24

This would look great, it's a lovely cut IRL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now