Talk

Advanced search

Skin regime - problem skin

(4 Posts)
PosiePootlePerkins Sat 03-Sep-16 21:32:00

Not really sure if I am posting this in the right place but would love some advice re my horrible skin. I am 41 and have rosacea. This means I have a red complexion, plus I breakout in lots of little white spots on my cheeks and forehead. I wear camouflage makeup every day as cannot bear to face the world without it. Am just back from a hot holiday which has made it 10 times worse, strong sun seems to be my enemy.
I need some good advice about skincare. Cleansing, I just use makeup wipes which I know are dreadful, but need a good alternative. Toning, exfoliating, do I need to do these? Will it make sensitive skin like mine worse?
I am really at a loss. GP is useless, I can't have the antibiotics course to clear it as I am allergic, I am on the pill which is supposed to help but who knows.
Just at a bit of a loss and would love some good advice.
TIA
<apologies for self indulgent moan>

LiquidCosh Sat 03-Sep-16 23:13:47

Hi OP, I can totally sympathise, I am mid thirties and have very similar skin to yours, redness and breakouts etc
I have read loads of threads on here and got some really useful tips and advice. My regime now is very basic and involves cleansing with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser then moisturise ( I am using La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Rich at the minute) then Effaclar Duo serum by La Roche Posay. I cant recommend the serum enough as it virtually gets rid of all my redness. I still get the breakouts and like you mine are worse in warm weather, I actually think its the sweating rather than the sunshine.
I'd love some recommendations from anyone on how to keep the breakouts at bay. Mine are mostly on my chin and are like little lumps under my skin.

phoolani Sat 03-Sep-16 23:33:44

I have mild rosacea and I find an acid toner helps, though I know that lots of people say it's a complete no no. It is recommended by some rosacea sites, though, so maybe just try it and see how it goes? I also use Clarins beauty rescue (or something like that...) but I don't know yet if it helps.

PosiePootlePerkins Sun 04-Sep-16 06:31:29

Thanks so much for your repliessmile It is good to know I am not alone. I am going to look at your suggestions and do some ordering! I recently spent a small fortune on Kalme products and they don't seem to have made any difference. Would be so nice to get it under control. I had perfect skin through my teens, hit my late 20s and bam! Rosacea angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now