Talk

Advanced search

Best products for soft shiny curls/waves

(12 Posts)
Jakadaal Fri 02-Sep-16 20:43:15

I have naturally wavy hair (think surf/beach type curls) which I religiously straighten. However 2 weeks on holiday has made me realise how much time and effort I am wasting with the drying and straightening. I would love to harness my true waves but unfortunately if I leave it to derby naturally I wake up each morning looking like a cave woman with wiry straw like hair.

Please tell me your holy grail of curly hair products grin

cupofrooibos Fri 02-Sep-16 21:35:01

The John Frieda Air Dry mousse is fab and a recent discovery of mine. I comb through conditioner using wide toothed comb, wrap hair in old t shirt then scrunch the mousse in and leave to dry. Gives fab definition!

marriednotdead Fri 02-Sep-16 22:53:46

Sebastian Whipped Creme has been the only mousse ever to give me frizz free curls with no stickiness. It's worth the expense and you don't need much.

Clankboing Fri 02-Sep-16 23:10:35

Boots curl creme, aussie miracle recharge, frizz ease secret agent, frizz ease curl reviver mousse, argan oil, got2be rise and shine hairspray. Not all at once though lol. I tend to use the aussie reviver if i miss a morning hair wash. If i was hair in morning i use the gel or mousse, dry it with a diffuser then add secret agent or argan oil and spray it. Sounds loads but it stops it from becoming big and bushy.

justilou Sat 03-Sep-16 07:31:19

This is the bomb! Only a teeeeeeny tiny bit needed, rubbed through your paws as a leave-in conditioner (ends only). My hair is fine like cat hair and it makes it lovely, scrunchy, Beachy wavy and it's not crunchy or sticky. (Although I don't use it all the time as I avoid silicones in hair products in my real life, but fab for special occasions or holidays - also won't spill in your bag.)

GinAndOnIt Sat 03-Sep-16 08:40:39

Watching this with interest. I can normally get mine to wave/curl fine without product on first wash but I only wash it once a week, and can't seem to stop the curls turning to frizz and dreadlock by day 2 or 3. Sea salt spray works nicely on my hair but leaves it dry, so I made up a spray bottle of water with conditioner and sea salt spray in it, but it's so cold that I don't think I can face spraying it anywhere near me when it's winter!

cupofrooibos Sat 03-Sep-16 08:49:08

justilou do you need to style with heat to get that effect or just air dry?

Jakadaal Sat 03-Sep-16 09:27:38

Thanks everyone I need to go shopping! Have also realised I don't have a diffuser anymore as on holiday I left it to dry naturally and that won't necessarily work at home hmm

Tinklypoo Sat 03-Sep-16 09:34:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pinkjenny Sat 03-Sep-16 09:46:51

I have curly hair, it drives me insane and I am constantly on the look out for new products. Loreal have brought out a new mousse called Curve it. I really love it, so much that I went out and bought 3 to keep me stocked up. I've added a picture of my hair. With duck face. Wearing PJs. Winning at life.

Clankboing Sun 04-Sep-16 11:34:01

Frizz ease secret agent is my absolute cannot go without for this. Its wonderful.

justilou Sun 04-Sep-16 22:26:55

Sorry OP - nope! Just squoosh it through your ends and gently work it up to about ear length. Can also mix with a little mousse for more hold and less crunch (from the mousse)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now