We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help bridesmaid needing shoes and bag!

(11 Posts)
itsbetterthanabox Fri 02-Sep-16 20:32:02

So I'm a bridesmaid very soon. Dress in pic. It's a plum colour.
I have a cream/white pashmina to wear with it.
What shoes and bag?!
Bride doesn't mind what colour. Anyone have any ideas of what will look best?
Shoes need to be flats and not sandals. I found some White Peep Toe flats and a white wristlet clutch is that nice or would other colours work better? Any links?
Help style me wise ones!

itsbetterthanabox Sat 03-Sep-16 10:43:25

Bump

Runningupthathill82 Sat 03-Sep-16 12:35:41

Definitely not white. Black would look too harsh. At first I thought maybe silver, but I don't think silver world work so well with the colour of the dress - itd look a bit Christmassy.

So I'm thinking pale gold. Not full on Barbara Windsor gold, but a soft sparkly gold. Do the shoes have to be shoes, not sandals? Perhaps something like these, with a small gold clutch:

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/lost-ink/lost-ink-bethany-gold-sling-back-flat-shoes/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6856736&clr=Gold&SearchQuery=&cid=4172&pgesize=29&pge=0&totalstyles=29&gridsize=2&gridrow=10&gridcolumn=1&un_jtt_application_platform=newPlp&un_jtt_redirect

JamieLannistersFuckButler Sat 03-Sep-16 12:38:06

As no-one has replied, my humble opinion is that it would look a lot better with metallic shoes and bag.

Probably gold or bronze but silver or pewter if you might get more wear out those colours.

Runningupthathill82 Sat 03-Sep-16 12:41:15

Great minds, Jamie!

deltacrook Sat 03-Sep-16 12:44:43

I thought I had answered this earlier! Definitely not black or white. I think gold too.

HappinessLivesHere Sat 03-Sep-16 18:05:33

I'd go metallic too. White wouldn't work and black is a bit too 'going out'. Beautiful dress!

KARMAisaBtch Sat 03-Sep-16 20:18:08

Something like this? smile

bookbook Sat 03-Sep-16 20:24:50

how about something like these
sparkly

olderthanyouthink Sat 03-Sep-16 20:35:50

I also think pale/muted gold

itsbetterthanabox Sun 04-Sep-16 11:45:44

Gold. Great thanks! Some of those look perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now