Talk

Advanced search

White Company Clothing

(16 Posts)
whatisitlike Fri 02-Sep-16 19:23:32

Is the White company clothes worth the price tag? I have seen some lovely stuff in their but it is more than I normally spend. I am trying to spend a bit more on quality things that last.

So should I splurge? Thanks

wombattoo Fri 02-Sep-16 19:26:54

I have a few White Company pieces. They are expensive but they feel quite luxurious. The things I have wash well and still look as good as new.
I have bought jeans, a cotton biker style jacket and vests.

wombattoo Fri 02-Sep-16 19:28:17

I have a code for 15% off when you spend £75. I don't know if it's shareable but you can try. It's AM931

wombattoo Fri 02-Sep-16 19:29:35

Oh and I have a fabulous cream cable sweater that I bought in the sale last year. That code also includes free UK delivery

MunchCrunch01 Fri 02-Sep-16 19:29:37

I do like their clothes and their jeans, dresses and dressing gowns have washed well - also the kids stuff has been great. I bought a couple of cheaper cashmere jumpers there a few years ago and although I love the style and they're not worse than a lot of other cheaper cashmere I don't think it washed well or was worth the money. Jumper-wise, Hobbs and jaegar wool mixes have aged well.

MunchCrunch01 Fri 02-Sep-16 19:30:23

Agree sign up to their mailing list - they had 20% off in store August bank holiday

PollyPerky Fri 02-Sep-16 19:33:38

Never ever pay full price- there will be 20% codes around soon - newspapers etc.

Their prices seem to have shot up this season- hardly any knitwear under £100 if it's wool. I have a couple of merino tunics that are now coming up to 5 years old and are still in VGC. But I think you have to be choosy- their jeans and T shirts are silly prices- and their cashmere is thin IMO ( have returned it before ) . You could trr waiting for their sale but small sizes sell out quickly ( eg XS S and 8-10).

happystory Fri 02-Sep-16 19:34:40

A bit hit and miss in my opinion. One or two things have not washed well, shrunk a bit, twisted seams etc, but their lounge pants I have been lounging in for years!!

hollyisalovelyname Fri 02-Sep-16 19:38:36

They used to do lovely cotton jersey dresses and tunics. Now they use a lot of viscose sh*te.
I love the look of the shops and the lifestyle they present. smile

MunchCrunch01 Fri 02-Sep-16 19:46:09

Yes if only life with a ddog was as gorgeous as in the white company catalogue!

Pisssssedofff Fri 02-Sep-16 19:56:45

I saw a lovely cotton coat today but £250 and not even shower proof 😳

missyB1 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:00:56

I agree with holly the materials they are using now aren't as nice as they used to be. I used to love their jersey dresses.
I do but the kids stuff for my son though, it's not too bad a price and I like the designs.

Spaghettio Fri 02-Sep-16 20:03:28

If you're anywhere near Surrey they're having their clearance sale at Sandown Racecourse on 22/23/24 September.

whirlygirly Fri 02-Sep-16 20:06:04

My work wardrobe is mainly from there. They do great sales, I've never paid full price for anything. They used to do loads of cotton jersey dresses as a pp said, but not so many any more. Good job I've got about 6 already..!

whatisitlike Fri 02-Sep-16 21:28:45

Thanks sounds like in general they are good but I will check the labels to ensure I am picking the best fibres.

Thanks for the code Wombat and the advice regarding discount codes. I have signed up to the email.

Unfortunately I am in Scotland which is a shame as a clearance sale sounds great.

Thanks everyone

BabyGanoush Fri 02-Sep-16 21:35:31

I used to love their jersey dresses, nice wuality they were, washed well.

Now they are all thin cheap fabric sad

Bought a lovely cashmere jumper which shrunk so badly it is now unwearable...

Am done with them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now