Talk

Advanced search

Ombre hair - am I 5 yrs too late?

(5 Posts)
Stopattwo Fri 02-Sep-16 19:11:54

My hair is just a giant mess. Had dd2 8 months ago and cut my long hair into a mob (mum bob) 3 months after she was born in a bid to reinvent myself or something stupid. Instantly regretted it. Anyway, my mid-brown hair is covered in greys and I just want to look a little bit younger and fresher. Is ombre something I'm going to regret? Will it look ridiculous once the greys start growing through again? Am I just having a mid-life crisis?!?! (I'm 35 but feel a whole lot older) Help me.

thecherryontop Fri 02-Sep-16 20:51:06

Never too late for this -I keep going back to it and am the same age as you. It's great for covering greys and you will only need to colour the roots once the regrow the occurs. Love it.

cavalo Fri 02-Sep-16 20:57:41

You're not too late- and your local hairdresser will probably do ombre or balayage (free-style, more natural colour). I balayage my own hair with a very lazy leave-in product called something like l'oreal sunkissed gellee. Get thyself on pinterest for inspiration!

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Fri 02-Sep-16 21:16:52

I think more bayalage now rather than ombre. Had mine first done 4 years ago and varying lengths in-between. Going when the kids are back at school for a blunt bayalage bob, Lauren Conrad being my inspiration!

SellFridges Fri 02-Sep-16 21:18:41

I'm a similar age to you and I'm just getting bored of my ombré. Don't know what to do with it though. That's no help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now