Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a new Autumn Winter perfume!

(15 Posts)
Badgoushk Fri 02-Sep-16 15:25:08

Just that really.

My signature scent is the classic Agent Provocateur perfume. In my time I have also liked and worn Coco by Chanel

My style is quite vintage. I'm feminine yet strong. Determined yet gentle. I'm a full time Mum at the moment.

I love Diptyque's Feu de Bois for the home. I like woody, smoky scents in that respect.

Smells I dislike.... Thierry Mulger's Angel! Anything too sickly. I don't like Diptyque's Baies.

Any suggestions most welcome! Thank you.

swimster01 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:48:37

Shiseido Feminite du Bois is the ultimate Autumn perfume in my humble opinion,

Badgoushk Fri 02-Sep-16 22:34:20

Thanks swimster01, I'll check it out!

SimplyNigella Sat 03-Sep-16 07:46:02

Very different to the scents you describe, but I adore Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay for autumn.

justilou Sat 03-Sep-16 14:02:44

The Shiseido one is lovely - very similar "family"... If you want something different, Narciso by Narciso Rodriguez (the white one) is lovely. Starts kind of soft and sweetly rosey, then has a lovely woody base.

Badgoushk Sat 03-Sep-16 15:15:27

Thank you, I will definitely seek those out and try them!

sammy891 Sat 03-Sep-16 17:49:22

Dior Addict is lovely in the winter

Loyly Sat 03-Sep-16 17:53:30

You might like Shalimar by Guerlain. It's latest flanker - Souffle de Shalimar - is also very lovely.

Badgoushk Sat 03-Sep-16 21:25:01

Thank you!

Whatthefoxgoingon Sat 03-Sep-16 22:25:43

Feminite du Bois has gone to serge lutens. Lovely.

GertrudeBelle Sat 03-Sep-16 22:34:30

Habanita. It's like inhaling tobacco smoke and leather and vanilla, in a good way. Deep, warming and sexy.

Reviews here: www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Molinard/Habanita-Eau-de-Parfum-14676.html

You can't get it in most department stores but it's available in places which sell more niche stuff (eg Liberty and Roullier White) and online.

musicmum75 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:52:49

Teint de Neige is, as the name suggests, the perfect winter fragrance. http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Lorenzo-Villoresi/Teint-de-Neige-5079.html

I also like Valentino Assoluto. Smells like a velvet hug! http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Valentino/Valentina-Assoluto-15514.html

Scuttlebutter Sun 04-Sep-16 00:18:15

Try Elixir by Penhaligon's. A deep, smokey, incense aroma. Perfect for autumn/winter.

SplatPancake Sun 04-Sep-16 08:11:25

Try the sample service at Les Senteurs -you pay for them, but especially for the hard-to-gets (I.e. You won't find them at Boots 😜) and unusual a its a great service.

Their website www.lessenteurs.com is great, but I dream of a solitary trip to London to just revel in the place...

Badgoushk Sun 04-Sep-16 10:05:32

Thanks so much everyone! I'm going to try them all :0) xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now