Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hairdresser Recommendations????

(12 Posts)
Chat2Ali Thu 01-Feb-07 11:00:38

Hi! My beautiful LO is now 6 months old, and I am struggling to get back into shape and feel good about how I look. I've been to the hairdresser a couple of times since the baby arrived, and was counting on coming out feeling a boost from a really great haircut and colour, but have been sorely disappointed with horrible cuts that do not work for me. Can anyone recommend a great hair cut in SW London? Putney/Fulham area, although for a good recommendation I am prepared to travel further afield. In the past I have found a great cut/colour is the way to motivating me into discipline with diet and exercise too. I would love to hear suggestions of where to get satisfaction!

Fiona365 Thu 01-Feb-07 14:42:16

Yes, yes, yes. Go to Ryan Caine, who has just opened his salon Sugar on the Upper Richmond Road in Sheen.
I have been going to him for years, and wouldn't go anywhere else. He's not cheap, but isn't any more than others in the area.
Tel: 020 8878 8188.

Tell him Fiona Richmond sent you. Do it!!

Good luck

Chat2Ali Fri 02-Feb-07 13:14:54

Fiona - THANK YOU! I will try him. I am desperate for a good cut!

Imafairy Fri 02-Feb-07 13:19:45

Or Rush on Putney High Street (use Michael, Lee or Matty) Expensive, but good....

Pomi Fri 02-Feb-07 14:41:40

I am looking for a hairdresser too. Is there a good one in croydon.

Fiona365 Mon 05-Feb-07 12:54:51

Let us know how you get on!

Ryan cut my hair on Friday, and I feel a million times better.

The new salon is fab, too, with a proper bar, so you could have a glass of wine at the same time. How cool is that?

satine Mon 05-Feb-07 12:58:20

For colour, try Poppy at Michaeljohn (Albemarle Street). She is a genius. I have never had as many compliments as I have when she's done my hair - she knows exactly what will suit me and the colour lasts for months without looking awful as it fades or grows out. I save up and go to her once a year and have never found anyone else to come close.
If I can, I also get my hair cut by Kevin there as well - he's fantastic, too, but then I don't get much change from (gulp) £230......

CountessDracula Mon 05-Feb-07 13:00:16

OMG Fiona that is so weird
I was about to say Sugar too

I'm not sure if I had Ryan or someone else, think it was someone else, but my god they are fantastic!

Fiona365 Mon 05-Feb-07 13:02:10

Ryan is shorter and I can't remember the name of the other bloke, but he has glasses....

Yes, fab, isn't it?!

CountessDracula Mon 05-Feb-07 15:52:42

mine is the one with glasses
he is luverly
He has done my hair twice now

Chat2Ali Sat 17-Feb-07 14:07:08

Thanks again for the recommendation ladies. I finally got around to arranging for my husband to look after the baby and went to Sugar today. Its a great looking salon. Ryan cut my hair, and I AM pleased with it. I feel great! SO thanks!

Alison

Fiona365 Tue 20-Feb-07 16:53:25

Yay! Only just caught up with this. So glad you had a good experience! I bet you look FAB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now