Please help me complete this outfit!

(6 Posts)
SpaceDinosaur Tue 30-Aug-16 19:56:37

I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant. SIL is getting married this weekend and I feel absolutely awful in everything!... My shape is SO new to me it's distracting confused I'm all bump and boobs!

I blew the budget a little and purchased this dress but now I don't know what to put it with... (Also undecided about wearing the stupid ribbon thing!)

I have choppy shoulder length blonde brown hair.
I like red lippie
I wear subtle silver jewellery.
I'm pale as hell!!! (No natural tan here!)

I'm struggling to work out a colour for shoes, bag and wrap....
I don't absolutely need a hat as its a hotel wedding so no church... But I'm going to ask MIL if she's wearing one. I'll follow her lead.

There's a lovely outdoor grass area and so I'm not looking for high heels. Also, my balance is right off at the moment so I doubt I'd manage too well!!! (Nothing sexier than struggling in heels!)

I have another wedding in November with an entirely different group of friends so I'm rewearing the outfit then too... In my 8th month, in a castle on a cliff in the West Country grin

What would you team this with please?!!

SweetChickadee Tue 30-Aug-16 19:59:02

I like the ribbon grin

Like the pic I'd go for dark metallic shoes and bag - hers looks like a sort of graphite grey and looks v nice with it IMO

I bet you'll look lovely.

wowfudge Tue 30-Aug-16 20:04:31

Wedges, but not sandals/open toes then you've got a bit of height with more stability and the shoes will work for both weddings. Grey or metallic bag and shoes?

Cellardoor23 Tue 30-Aug-16 20:08:49

My friend wore a similar dress to a wedding when she was about 7/8 months pregnant. It looked lovely, very similar to your dress.

I personally don't think you need a wrap unless you think you'll get a bit chilly in the evening. I have this pashmina which goes with pretty much everything I wear. I love it.

www.ukpashmina.co.uk/silver-grey-cashmere-pashmina.html

They do other colours as well though.

SpaceDinosaur Tue 30-Aug-16 20:28:51

Metallics and wedges... Ok, sounds good
That pashmina is GORGEOUS.

Ok... High street.
Any recommendations for where?!

burnishedsilver Tue 30-Aug-16 20:32:45

Silver or pewter flat ballet shoes. Don't bother with heels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now