Talk

Advanced search

Face skin issue (pics) maybe rosacea

(12 Posts)
MephistoMarley Tue 30-Aug-16 08:05:53

Hi
I've had some horrible spotty skin patches for months and months. They come and go but never go completely. I've tried eczema cream, vitamin e cream and going without makeup but nothing is helping. Does anyone have any recommendations? Cheap please sad

QueenofLouisiana Tue 30-Aug-16 08:32:20

Rosacea may need medical intervention to get it under control. Specific antibiotics help massively- I need them for 3 months or so once a year.

I use aqueous cream as a face wash, a light moisturiser (Lidl cheapie works for me). I really like Darphins rosewood cleanser and their chamomile facial oil as a treat (but it's expensive).

What happens if you give up alcohol/ spicy food/ heat/ sunshine? Does it improve? I know I should avoid alcohol, but it's bloody hard!

rubybleu Tue 30-Aug-16 08:40:51

To me that looks like an allergic reaction. Rosacea is normally accompanied by flushing and normally it starts on your cheeks.

Perhaps go back to absolute basics - gentle sensitive cleanser and basic moisturiser? Do the patches clear up if you use a small amount of hydrocortisone cream?

Joydgreen88 Tue 30-Aug-16 08:44:05

This is how my facial psoriasis started, looks v similar. I find coconut oil works well at keeping it moisturised and looking reasonable, but the only thing that touches mine is Dovobet - a prescription only steroid gel. Maybe worth getting it checked out, because if it is psoriasis the likelihood is it'll start to spread, and catching it early makes it much easier to keep under control.

Crispsheets Tue 30-Aug-16 08:46:03

It could be pustular rosacea. I have this but have no flushing .

MephistoMarley Tue 30-Aug-16 09:06:07

Thank you. I don't have flushing just the little tiny spots and redness underneath. Should I go to the GP?
I don't drink a lot or sunbathe but I'm a chilli addict!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 30-Aug-16 09:14:14

I would dab a weak solution of TCP on them , that's my cure all for everything!

DailyFailAteMyFish Tue 30-Aug-16 09:17:05

They do say there's a possibility that rosacea is caused by too many dermodex mites so perhaps tcp isn't too far off!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 30-Aug-16 09:20:06

It's fab stuff, just shame it stinksgrin

QueenofLouisiana Tue 30-Aug-16 09:59:56

I have acne rosacea, photos attached. My nose is dripping like a tap this morning so it's a little more red than usual due to snuffling into a hankie.

I found a Facebook group called rosacea (in English) or something similar. It's hugely supportive and full of helpful ideas. There are versions on other languages, so make sure you choose the right one!

MephistoMarley Tue 30-Aug-16 10:50:44

Thank you all. I'll investigate that Facebook group

JohnCheese Tue 30-Aug-16 13:47:17

Go to the GP would be my first port of call. Get a diagnosis and know what you're dealing with. It might be easy enough to get under control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now