Talk

Advanced search

Fake tan to gap fill mum tan...

(14 Posts)
13umpuu Mon 29-Aug-16 11:25:06

I go on hols in a couple of weeks - please help!

As a result of park/playtime with Dcs, my face/shoulders/arms/lower legs are brown but thighs and tummy are glaring white... What would you recommend to gap fill? Needs to be easy to use as I'm a novice and quick to apply...

Wouldn't usually do this but going with MIL and FIL and both will comment/ridicule!

Might just stick with sarong... Hmmm

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 29-Aug-16 11:27:33

I can recommend not giving a shit and giving anyone who comments a quizzical look.

Otherwise maybe get a spray tan on just the white bits? Although it could go a bit patchy before you start matching,

A one piece would solve the tummy issue.

SwedishEdith Mon 29-Aug-16 11:27:41

Why will they comment?? How old are they? 14?

13umpuu Mon 29-Aug-16 12:06:00

Ha ha - I know - they can't help themselves but it's okay, I just don't want any unnecessary upset, and it would be nice to look a bit better too... Any products that might help?

And yes - thick skin needed!

specialsubject Mon 29-Aug-16 12:07:30

You'll just look stripey.

Practice the following 'personal comments are rude'.

Gracey79 Mon 29-Aug-16 12:07:46

I don't think I'd try and fill with fake tan the colour won't be the same, could you dry a gradual tan moisturiser all over? They build up to a nice colour if used over a week or so

Gracey79 Mon 29-Aug-16 12:08:04

Try not dry blush

hellsbells99 Mon 29-Aug-16 12:09:32

DD swears by the cheap St Moritz stuff that you leave on for a couple of hours and then shower off. She said it is far better than the expensive ones.

13umpuu Mon 29-Aug-16 12:13:56

Good idea Gracey - any brands that might be worth trying?

And with the leave on/shower off, will that stand up to general day tasks (carrying children, playing trains on the floor etc) or do you need to stay still ish that time?

I know - I should care less about these things!

NotAMamaYet Mon 29-Aug-16 12:17:18

You're never going to get it looking good - fake tan, even the expensive stuff, will never match your tone of tanned skin

If you've got a few weeks best bet is just to catch a mins here and there in the sun where you can target the areas that haven't get got any sun. Can be done in the back garden with kids

Also gives you head start for actually tanning whilst on holiday

hellsbells99 Mon 29-Aug-16 12:17:35

DD is just in the shower now washing it off. She has just come back from going to the shop for food. She is very very pale usually and has made a mess of fake tan in the past. Loves this stuff. I have seen it in a few shops including a cheap beauty shop, Asda and New Look

livinginhope87 Mon 29-Aug-16 13:02:59

What I did was have a professional spray tan with 2 coats on the white and one on the tanned. It worked well and it was my first spray tan. I made sure I had exfolated all over and had used aftersun on the tan to make sure it didn't go streaky. I am very pale so it was the lightest onr they do. It was for a wedding and made me feel confident.

loveliesbleeding1 Mon 29-Aug-16 13:15:04

Dove spa summer revived gradual tan sorts out my white bits within 2 days.

Ilovetorrentialrain Mon 29-Aug-16 14:00:50

I second hellsbells's DD, the St Moritz stuff is brilliant. I'd recommend the mousse as opposed to the spray, which is so fine it seems to coat every surface of the bathroom...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now