Talk

Advanced search

so...the school run coat?

(91 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 29-Aug-16 07:37:13

Has this been discussed yet this year? I've not found one I love yet. Ideally I'd like waterproof, with hood and some shaping at the waist. Proper waterproof coats never seem to have good waist shaping.

tryingtogetthroughlife Mon 29-Aug-16 07:49:16

https://www.outdooraction.co.uk/outdoor-clothing-womens-clothing-parka-jackets/craghoppers/craghopper-hallmoor-womens-waterproof-parka-pd-6673.php
I've just brought this one, waiting for the delivery I know what you mean with waist shaping I'm hoping this one adds a bit of shape due to the belt, I need a good coat as it always seems to be raining where I live i have purchased this on the reviews left and the look of the coat.......... Fingers crossed I haven't mucked up confused

tryingtogetthroughlife Mon 29-Aug-16 07:49:38

And good luck with you're search op smile

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 29-Aug-16 08:15:41

Joules! I bought a coat that fits the bill in the sale. It's amazing!

keeponkeepinon Mon 29-Aug-16 09:03:21

Which joules coat?

HeyMacWey Mon 29-Aug-16 09:10:19

I've got a good merrell one that I'm about to put on eBay as it's insulated and too warm for me. It's fully waterproof, fitted at the waist and only worn a few times so practically brand new. Can't remember the name of it but will post a link when I've listed it (need to get up in the loft first grin)

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 29-Aug-16 09:13:23

https://www.joules.com/Women/Jackets-Coats/Weatherall/Classic-Waterproof-3-in-1-Jacket/Marine-Navy?id=T_WEATHERALL|MARNAVY

This joules coat (can't seem to do links atm)

elderberryflower Mon 29-Aug-16 09:15:29

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/waterproof-outdoor-technical-jackets/rain_coats/knee-length/janelle-waterproof-knee-length-hooded-raincoat_black.htm

This has poppers at the back for waist shaping- very waterproof and warm.

keeponkeepinon Mon 29-Aug-16 09:15:29

I was looking at that curtains, how'd you get it at sale price?!

keeponkeepinon Mon 29-Aug-16 09:17:02

I bet that seasalthough one is comfy but I am a shortie so it would probably be a bit long for me.

123therearenomoreusernames Mon 29-Aug-16 10:31:21

I got this posh parka it's perfect for me. smile

I got this onehttp://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/QW1058/Trespass-Womens-Everyday-Insulated-Herringbone-Parka-Jacket-Khaki

Clinches at the sides, doesn't look waterproof- bonus! nice soft fabric and an awesome vivid purple lining. Really Light and closey too

Light and COSEY even! Looks better in real life too, including the colour

Cellardoor23 Mon 29-Aug-16 14:39:26

cutains I love that coat too.

What is the sizing is like? I have a local Joules but it's not in there. I'm fairly big busted with huge hips so very few coats seem to zip up over them!

Cellardoor23 Mon 29-Aug-16 14:41:52

curtains sorry.

Stupid touch screen phone.

megletthesecond Mon 29-Aug-16 14:44:41

Iirc the North Face arctic parka is good. Warm and waterproof. Costs £££ though.

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 29-Aug-16 15:31:06

It's a really good coat smile
I just got lucky, I bought it in the sale 2-3 months ago (I think) for around £65.

I'm a size 18-20 and I bought the 20, which fits with plenty of room for jumpers underneath.

I've ditched all the other "waterproof" coats I had (they weren't) for this one and love it!

keeponkeepinon Mon 29-Aug-16 17:44:13

this?
What do you think? Good price but not sure if it'll nip in well. And hard to tell the finish of the fabric.
What is joules sizing like?

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 29-Aug-16 21:36:05

That's the one I have. Has a toggle/drawstring to pull in waist, works really well (I was impressed).

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 29-Aug-16 22:23:32

Has anyone got the Seasalt one? I like the Joules one but would really like something longer.

Theconifers25 Mon 29-Aug-16 22:35:33

Satin khaki waterproof

www.marksandspencer.com/satin-hooded-parka-with-showerproof/p/p22468558?image=SD_01_T49_9356_JR_X_EC_90&color=OLIVE&prevPage=srp

keeponkeepinon Mon 29-Aug-16 23:39:11

Curtains - I thought you had the one that's full price at £149. It's lovely but I'd have to wait for a great discount!
So have you got the Winchester instead? How's the sizing? I've just ordered 2 in 2 sizes to try. Never bought from Joules before.

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 29-Aug-16 23:47:49

I thought they were the same one blush

I think I just caught the sale at a good time...

I think the sizing is pretty standard - I bought the bigger size for me so I could wear jumpers underneath.

Howaboutthisone Wed 31-Aug-16 22:22:12

I'm watching this with interest! I've ordered the joules raina to see what that looks like in real life and also like the look of the saltwater low thigh length ones. Only thing is that I'm also a shortie so I'm not sure if they're just going to look daft on me.
I'm just really after a coat that LOOKS like the nice winter coats I used to buy when I could use my hands to hold a brolly to deal with the rain (can't do that now with two little hands to hold onto instead), but is actually amazingly waterproof. Is that the sort of thing you're after OP?

witsender Wed 31-Aug-16 22:27:48

I have the seasalt Janelle and love it. It is just about knee length at the front on me, I'm 5'8". Hood is deep which I like. Good long sleeves, warm pockets. Cinches in a bit at the waist if you want it to.

I had grey initially but have a navy now. Their customer service is fab too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now