Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrow wax / serum

(6 Posts)
carabos Sun 28-Aug-16 19:49:48

Had professional makeup done yesterday for DS1's wedding. Looked fab - me, but better 😉.

My eyebrows are ok, I have them threaded and they are quite dark, but the makeup artist made them look loads better - more prominent without being "Scouse brow" iyswim. She said she used wax, and showed me a very small pot of a mid brown sort of shade.

Any ideas what it could be?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 28-Aug-16 19:58:51

Eyebrow pomade.

NYX do one - in a jar
Superdrug do Freedom Pro-in a jar (theres other ones in a pencil or wand like mascara)

Both are tinted , different shades and you need a stiff angled brush to apply then comb through with one of the spiral brushes.

carabos Sun 28-Aug-16 20:34:35

Do they come with instructions? I'm a novice and judging by what I see on some of the women out and about it seems to be very easy to get eyebrows very wrong grin.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 28-Aug-16 22:17:38

I don't know what instruction they have , I think the main thing is to get the colour right and practice grin
I have a very ancient ybf (Your Best Friend) eyebrow crayon which I love but can't replace. It's taupe.
I've tried the Benefit Gimme Brow (like a tiny mascara) but as my brows are sparse its hard for me to catch the hairs enough.
The demos on that say to go against the brow hair first (so ear to nose) then brush the right way to blend.
But I find it too liquidy so I prefer the pencil.
I bought a NYX pencil today so I'll see how I get on.

DD has much better brows than me, she uses all sorts on her brows from clear mascara (school) to the wax/powder duos to some Benefit freebies I got in Magazines last month.

She spends her time applying/taking off/re-applying to practice, I think its easy once you get the hang of it but very eay to overdo. smile

CointreauVersial Sun 28-Aug-16 22:21:43

There's an excellent Maybelline palette that I use - it has a wax, a powder and a brow highlighter, with a little wedge brush. It comes in a Light Brown shade, so no risk of scouse brow. Sooooo easy to use. It just makes my brows look....better, and more groomed.

carabos Sun 28-Aug-16 22:32:24

That soubds good cointreau. My brows are well kept and tidy with the threading, but the pomade made them a bit more defined which I quite liked. The make up lady was interesting on the topic of the scouse brow, saying that with such a mega-trend, we all need to adapt it to our particular age and stage otherwise we won't look up to date. What she meant was that the young can go full on with it, and the old (like me) can still take the concept and make it work, but everyone needs to be careful because it's such a pronounced look that it's easy to go too far grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now