The thing I love most....

(23 Posts)
LyraMortalia Sat 27-Aug-16 18:59:54

Is my Babyliss Big hair, after a busy stressy day dh has just said let's go out for dinner. In ten minutes my hairs gone from meh to omg long sleek bit curly I fucking love it. I also love my new eyebrow shadow hd brush thing fifty and eyebrows are apparently a bit bald according to the torturer who threaded them last week.

GingerbreadGingerbread Sat 27-Aug-16 19:02:52

Really? I found Babyliss Big Hair a waste of money, I have long hair and it just got tangled in the brush every time I used it. The curl never lasted more than a couple of minutes in mine either. I much prefer a big barrel heated tong- not very £££ and is quick and easy. Style lasts infinitely longer.

Teaguzzler Sat 27-Aug-16 19:07:18

I love the Babyliss Big Hair too although I couldn't be without my GHD straighteners. I have just bought a Mac lipstick in Ruby Woo which I adore. Can you tell me more about the HD eyebrow thing?

LittleOyster Sat 27-Aug-16 20:01:59

Another fan of the Babyliss Big Hair here. I have never managed curls, but it always leaves me feeling all swishy and groomed. I am hopelessly uncoordinated and useless with a barrel brush/hairdryer, so I really could not now live without my Big Hair.

I also love a strong brow, but have always assumed the HD treatments are much of a muchness with what I can achieve with a tint/thread/brow pomade. So is it markedly different then?

LittleOyster Sat 27-Aug-16 20:05:30

Ps. Had a gel manicure for the first time last week, and have been seriously impressed. Think this might be something else I can't now live without. Polish was rock hard in seconds and is still perfect a week later. The manicurist warned me that there's no going back... smile

pollyblack Sat 27-Aug-16 20:06:27

I agree my big hair has been my fave thing for several years, its just like having my own little plug in hairdresser!

Also batiste xxl.

And clinique black honey.

LyraMortalia Sat 27-Aug-16 22:25:39

LittleOyster My hd 'kit' consists of a pallet of four shadows which the torturer showed me how to supplement my eyebrows with it was about £20 but I've had loads of compliments but no one's really been able to pinpoint the difference. I'm a bit old for the full HD brows teaguzzler so this is a good compromise.
I do have to section my hair and do it properly with the Babyliss I just got in a tangled mess when I did an ad hoc quick go.
I can't be arsed to maintain gel nails I just have them for parties and pick them off but I do like the look

calzone Sat 27-Aug-16 23:07:31

I love a spray tan.

Been away for 3 weeks.....got a patchy tan. Spray tan works wonders and lots of compliments.

GingerbreadGingerbread Sat 27-Aug-16 23:56:27

Maybe I'm doing the big hair thing wrong- I love the look of the pics on the box but struggle to recreate myself but I am useless with hair and mine is stubborn and poker straight.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 28-Aug-16 00:02:02

Hot wax.
Wax on, apply strip, wax off. Smooth armpits.
No razors for me smile

The other Thing I Love is Lush Henna. It has transformed my hair. Soft and dark chocolate brown.

LockedOutOfMN Sun 28-Aug-16 00:13:50

Coconut water spray for hair from ogx. Bought it in the U.S.A. the first time, then from Boots.

Having my nails painted by someone else (I have no patience).

LyraMortalia Sun 28-Aug-16 06:46:30

New shopping list

-Black honey from Clinique
-Ruby Woo from Mac
-Lush henna I might not try as my hairdresser is fab and weaves my colour through so my dark hair looks kind off highlighted but sounds amazing maybe she won't notice? I don't want to get told off grin
We used to use coconut spray back in the eighties made my hair really curly and tousled kids used to love doing it

greengreenten Sun 28-Aug-16 08:31:13

I mentioned henna dye to my hairdresser and she said I mustn't as she wouldn't be able to use her dye on me afterwards..?!

TWOBANANAS Sun 28-Aug-16 08:53:22

Russian Red lippy from Mac!

doorhandle Sun 28-Aug-16 11:42:31

If I buy a a big hair, which size should I buy? The 42mm or the 50mm?

Currently have v straight hair just below the shoulder, no layers

MadJackMcMad Sun 28-Aug-16 15:08:13

The key to success with the Big Hair is to hold it on the heat setting for a few seconds then click to the cool setting for few seconds more until cooled down, this sets the curl or wave. I use the 42mm barrel on my fine shoulder length hair - I got both sizes with mine so you have the option. Also, the top setting is too hot and too fast for me, I just get in a tangle so only ever use the other warm setting. Takes a bit of practise but it's worth it!

LyraMortalia Sun 28-Aug-16 15:44:03

It doesn't really curl my hair just makes it big and bouncy but I think that because I've got a lot of long hair so its heavy. Agree with MadJack though you do need to practice and use the heat settings like it recommends. The other bonus is I woke up this morning hungover hair still looks fabulous if I say so myself

YvaineStormhold Sun 28-Aug-16 15:47:48

Shellac nails have changed my life.
Love Clinique Quickliner Intense eyeliners.
Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Foundation.
Gigi perfume.
Mac Opulash mascara.
Mac Viva Glam lipstick, shade V.

MoonlightMedicine Sun 28-Aug-16 15:54:50

Sensationail. What took me so long?!

PapaverSomniferum Sun 28-Aug-16 16:56:08

I do love Lush henna, even though it's a massive, time-consuming faff to put on. Hair looks, feels and smells lovely afterwards. I like that it fades, too, as I don't then have the 'roots showing' thing going on - it just gradually stops being so auburn and shiny and goes back to being dull with lots of grey hairs. hmm

You can't dye your hair afterwards, though - and your hairdresser will definitely know! It coats the hair, rather than penetrating it, so until it's grown out (or worn off, possibly - I'm not sure) chemical hair dye won't 'take' properly and might go an odd colour.

doorhandle Sun 28-Aug-16 17:22:31

Thanks LyraMortalia and MadJackMcMad I've bought one grin

Couldn't decide which one so got the dual with interchangeable heads. It was on ebay for £25 with a damaged box, seller has good feedback so fingers crossed it's ok.

MoonlightMedicine Sun 28-Aug-16 22:10:06

Oh yes, lush henna is amazing. I've just re-done mine today!

CoolToned Mon 29-Aug-16 11:42:12

Bright blue-based pink lipstick.

I think it really suits my face.

I only wear lipstick on special occasions though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now