Pearl stud earrings - grey or ivory??

(19 Posts)
KoalaDownUnder Fri 26-Aug-16 14:31:27

Dithering over which colour to buy. 8mm pearl studs on sterling silver posts.

I know ivory is more 'classic', but grey might be a bit...different?

Blue eyes, fair/medium skin, light brown hair. Grateful for any opinions!

NattyGolfJerkin Fri 26-Aug-16 14:44:58

Whichever suits your skin tone best. Try them. Mine are ivory natural pearls and quite a creamy tone. Generally, warm skin tones (yellowy) suit ivory and cool (pinker) suit grey.

NattyGolfJerkin Fri 26-Aug-16 14:45:24

Mine are also on gold settings

KoalaDownUnder Fri 26-Aug-16 14:49:06

That's kind of what I thought (re: the skin tones). I'm always confused about whether I'm warm or cool though (confused I know)

Unfortunately, am buying online so can't try them. sad

libertydoddle Fri 26-Aug-16 14:55:44

Do you suit cream or white? If cream then you are probably warm toned. If white then cool toned.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 26-Aug-16 15:08:42

Just hold them up against you and see which looks better. Pale pink pearls can also be very flattering against some skintones.

From your description I would go with the ivory.

hollieberrie Fri 26-Aug-16 15:12:45

Ooh the grey sound lovely and a bit different. Can you link so we can see them Op? (Nosey! blush)

KoalaDownUnder Fri 26-Aug-16 15:13:46

I always buy white instead of cream, but then I had my skin tone matched to Nars foundation, and it came out as Punjab - which is 'medium, with gold peachy undertones'. ?! V confusing.

overthehillandroundthemountain Fri 26-Aug-16 15:14:25

I like grey but kind of suit both...
Do you wear more pinks & reds (go for ivory) or blues & greens (go for grey)? Can you get both? Not very helpful

KoalaDownUnder Fri 26-Aug-16 15:17:34

www.hardtofind.com.au/126888_grey-pearl-stud-earrings

www.hardtofind.com.au/126893_ivory-pearl-stud-earrings

Links ^ (Sorry, can never remember the fancy way to do links!)

They are quite inexpensive, but nice for everyday, I think.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 26-Aug-16 15:18:39

I never, ever wear pinks or reds. Tons of blue, black, white and camel. (I sound boring! grin)

overthehillandroundthemountain Fri 26-Aug-16 15:24:15

There you go...go for grey!

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 26-Aug-16 15:28:06

Get both wink

I would go for the ivory if you wear a lot of camel. But I really think either would look nice as it is quite a warm grey.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 26-Aug-16 15:32:19

For the price, I might get both. I like the grey better in the picture, but I think the ivory might brighten up my face more.

You are a bunch of enablers! wink

coolpotato Fri 26-Aug-16 17:02:51

That price is expensive? I looked at the highland angle website and they're based in Edinburgh (as am I!) and the earrings are GBP8 which is approx AUD14, but they're AUD37 but with 'free' shipping. Does it cost so much to send to Oz? Do you know anyone in the uk who could order them for you and then send them themselves?!

KoalaDownUnder Fri 26-Aug-16 17:11:02

Oh god, really, potato?! I shouldn't be surprised, we get so ripped off here. sad (Not by the suppliers, generally, but by the middle man, import taxes, etc.)

It probably costs a couple of quid to post to Aus.

I'll look into it - thanks for letting me know! flowers

BathTangle Fri 26-Aug-16 17:16:55

Look at Pia - they have a 2 pack with grey and ivory here for GBP20 - shipping to "elsewhere" seems expensive but if you have someone in UK who can post them to you, it might be better.

overthehillandroundthemountain Fri 26-Aug-16 19:13:32

Ocado have cheapish cream ones, too - could get someone to take them in with their groceries not that I did this as an emergency Christmas present for DD, oh no

Bigbiscuits Fri 26-Aug-16 19:29:41

make sure it is not too similar to your skin tone as they can look like big spots! Sorry to being down the tone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now