Talk

Advanced search

Running leggings

(11 Posts)
MandyFl0ss Fri 26-Aug-16 09:23:02

Hello. Could anyone recommend support running/yoga leggings that won't make my 'petite' (i.e. short) heavy thighs look even more erm, rotund!? Also, a long vest (i.e. bottom covering) to go with it, although I would prefer something with sleeves. I was taking a look at the Sweatty Betty website and I am ready to invest ridiculous money for a good quality pair of leggings that make me feel comfortable exercising in public, but oh my £90????shock

Fontella Fri 26-Aug-16 10:16:33

I recently bought two pairs off ebay and they are the best quality leggings I have ever had. So much so I'm going to buy some more.

I bought a (not particularly cheap) pair in a local sports shop the other day because I liked the pattern, but was very disappointed when I got them home, as a there is just no comparison in the feel or look, to the ones I got on ebay.

They are both tight and light - so they hold you in but also don't make you sweat. They make my legs look really good if I do say so myself. The make is 'Rise Above Fear' and I paid £19.99 a pair.

Fontella Fri 26-Aug-16 10:18:57

Here's a link ...

(don't know if I should say this but I paid less on Ebay, than they are priced on that website)

www.riseabovefear.com/collections/womens?page=2

MandyFl0ss Fri 26-Aug-16 11:10:17

Thank you Fontella! I'll check them out now.

MandyFl0ss Mon 29-Aug-16 09:32:24

Not yet convinced.

I have found these:
www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0365980001.html?cm_mmc=shopping-_-en-_-ladies_sport_bottoms-_-0365980001002&gclid=CLS-r9aa5s4CFUw8GwodZ2QEmQ

versus these: www.sweatybetty.com/clothes/pants/leggings/black-incline-compression-leggings/?sessionID=453bc7d6bcb43bb08a930957c114e0ad3e5767d9

As one is twice the price of the other, I was wondering does anybody have any thoughts on compression tights?

CreamTeaFor4 Mon 29-Aug-16 09:34:42

I've bought several pairs of Ronhill ones from TK Maxx, less than £20 each and superb quality and fit. Our local branches often stock a lot of running / workout gear.

Sleepthief Mon 29-Aug-16 13:06:40

I love h&m running gear and can't imagine Sweaty Betty is more than twice the quality...

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 29-Aug-16 14:14:27

I've got some really nice ones from Decathlon. They were about £20.

Have got pockets big enough to hold my iPhone 6 as well.

I like New Balance perfect fit vests - I got mine from Very.

MirrorMirrorOnTheFloor Mon 29-Aug-16 16:48:17

I've tried various ones and the Lidl ones are comfiest, and their tops are long but not flappy. But you do have to wait for them to be on the aisle of ransom stuff.

MandyFl0ss Mon 29-Aug-16 16:51:37

But which ones suck you up so your legs look less thundery and still allow you freedom of movement? wink

MirrorMirrorOnTheFloor Mon 29-Aug-16 17:43:04

On the legs, I assume that black is most slimming and as long as I have a longish top and keep moving, no one will notice...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now