Talk

Advanced search

Best anti frizz serum/cream...

(15 Posts)
bloomburger Fri 26-Aug-16 07:53:33

Off on a lovely break and have hair issues!

Since reaching peri menopausal age have had a drastic change happen to my lovely straight hair, I now have totally frizzy hair that if left to its own devices looks dreadful.

Ok by the pool, S rapped back with some quirky ringlets escaping but that's not the look I want to go for whilst walking round a romantic European city.

What do I do, I'll take straighteners but in 10 minutes my lovely Davina style hair is a bloody mess.

So what do I buy? Don't have time for drastic treatment as need to leave for airport in a matter of hours but can buy something to use once I get there.

Boredomismyenemy Fri 26-Aug-16 10:04:00

I have awful frizzy wavy hair but recently bought loreal elvive extraordinary oil and it's been brilliant for taming the mess! It's not greasy at all and protects from the heat of the straighteners.

Cellardoor23 Fri 26-Aug-16 12:08:56

I have this

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FOGX-Hydrate-Defrizz-Kukui-Oil-Anti-Frizz-Hydrating-Oil-118ml_1648677%2F

It really good and light weight. Plus it's small enough to fit in your bag.

OyWithThePoodles Fri 26-Aug-16 12:28:11

John Frieda frizz-ease serum extra strength and comb it through soaking wet hair before you wrap it in a towel. The Moroccan Oil serums are pretty good too and work better on towel dried hair.

babybarrister Fri 26-Aug-16 12:36:45

SPace KN have a very good one called Living Proof frizz serum

www.livingproof.com/buy/no-frizz

Gingermum Fri 26-Aug-16 12:39:58

Hi Bloom

I feel your pain as I too have thick prone to frizz hair. This is what works for me:

I use Bumble&Bumble defrizz - it's excellent. Haven't tried the gel-oil anti humidity one but a friend has and says it's terrific. I'm afraid I found the John F one to be useless but maybe it works for other ladies.

As you know - frizzy hair needs moisture so I only wash it once and use coconut oil as a deep conditioner. I've also used that Olaplex 3 stuff (at home) It's ok - seems to have make it softer. What really kept the frizz at bay though was a proper keratin treatment. It didn't straighten my hair but when I let my hair dry naturally it would fall softly into Rita Hayworth waves instead of me resembling an 'Aerosmith Groupie left out in the rain'

bumble

Gingermum Fri 26-Aug-16 12:45:36

I've used Miss Dior for years but since I've become peri-menopausal it doesn't smell the same on me. I do like quite earthy, spicy perfume and have on occasion pinched my DH's 'Homme D'Terre' by Hermes (read quickly it translates as Man of Potatoes) grin

My husband loves Amarige by Givenchy but it smells like bath cleaner on me.

Something earthy and spicy - not too sweet or overwhelming. Any suggestions?

Gingermum Fri 26-Aug-16 12:46:47

Sorry about the perfume request - I posted it in the wrong place!!!

il0vew1ne Fri 26-Aug-16 13:23:57

I have the same issue, for the past 2 years my hair has been frizzy and so far nothing has worked, I think its the menopause that does something to your hair.

I have bought countless shampoos, conditioners, styling products, oils etc etc etc I have spent a fortune on high and low end products, so I am watching this thread and hopefully someone will recommend something I have not already used.

babybarrister Fri 26-Aug-16 13:47:08

Do try the living proof stuff - I also gave up on Frizz Ease ....

il0vew1ne Fri 26-Aug-16 16:38:05

thank you BABY BARRISTER

Do you know if anywhere sells samples cause that's expensive if it does not work

fluffiphlox Fri 26-Aug-16 17:03:12

Another vote for Living Proof. Yes can get it in M&S

il0vew1ne Fri 26-Aug-16 20:34:01

Thanks

il0vew1ne Fri 26-Aug-16 20:35:15

Which living proof should I buy first

Sorry to hijack the thread x

Forluna Fri 26-Aug-16 21:19:07

Everyone has the product that works for them, but I swear Boots Curl Creme (comes in a see through tub, pink jelly creme and costs no more than £2.50) will work for anyone with unwanted frizz. Tea spoon amount on wet hair to style, or rub into hands and smooth over a pony tail to settle the escapees.

P.S. not a quick fix for your holiday, but when you get back Google 'curly girl method'. You won't regret it, promise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now