Talk

Advanced search

Hair colour advice please .

(5 Posts)
ginorwine Thu 25-Aug-16 22:40:31

Hi
I have a pale cool colouring with blue eyes .
I have dyed my hair most of my adult life in different shades of red , aurburn or copper .shades like 634 or 643 I think .
I'm now in my 50 s and the one colour looked wrong - flat , like a red hat !
So I went to hairdresser - she told me that hair needed different tones which o agreed with . Over a few sessions she has removed the red and in its place is an 8 natural shade - dark blonde with highlights .
At first I felt more a' expensive ' looking as well as age appropriate / well groomed .
However - I miss the red .
Thi s blond is def what I thought I wanted and it is softer next to my skin which everyone says you should aim for at my age .
However - I miss the red - feel a bit washed out .
I kno the red looked cheaper somehow and I don't wnt to look like an old student ( someone said I did )
I wonder if there is some thing in the middle of blond and my old colour ? A tea or soft toffee shade ? The hairdresser doesn't want to change it again ! Can I put a aurburn semi or Wd blonde n that = orange ?
I'm liking Rita from Coro nation street s soft pale red .
Any advice or idea s really appriciated .

ginorwine Fri 26-Aug-16 07:32:53

Bump
Going to see a hairdresser t day 😄

ginorwine Fri 26-Aug-16 12:12:01

✂️ pre hairdresser last bump

Gingermum Fri 26-Aug-16 13:23:43

Post some pics Ginor? I'm exactly the same colouring as you. I've had lots of highlights - blonde and copper (sorry I don't know the name of the colour) and it looks really natural. Good luck! x

ginorwine Fri 26-Aug-16 16:54:22

Ginger mum
I don't know how to upload a pic !!! 😳
What sort of shades do you have and what is overall affect - say from a distance does it look red ?
Hairdresser wasn't sure what to do . I have a mobile hairdresser bringing shade chart at half past 5 . !
Do you intend to stay redish ? 😄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now