What accessories for this dress?

(6 Posts)
Theknittinggorilla Wed 24-Aug-16 19:48:18

I posted last week trying to find a dress for an October wedding to hide an embarrassingly large 11 week baby bump (dc3 so stomach muscles gave up literally straight after I poas).

After lots of helpful posts I have found a dress. It's very boring and plain, but hides my stomach. How do I make it a bit more interesting? I'm thinking a big distracting hat and some good shoes, ( I'm tall so flats or heels). Also not sure on a cover up that would work (October outdoor wedding). Please help!

wowfudge Wed 24-Aug-16 20:05:10

Smart winter coat when outside - in a solid bright colour would look great. Statement necklace, a decent sized clutch bag and smart shoes. Don't match shoes and bag to the dress. I wouldn't bother with a hat. What style is your hair going to be?

Theknittinggorilla Wed 24-Aug-16 20:11:21

I've got a bright orange swing coat that would work actually. Maybe snakeskin shoes? A necklace will be considerably cheaper than a hat and more my usual style. My hair is shoulder length, thick, brunette. Usually wear it down and wavy, could go for a relaxed up do to dress it up a bit?

wowfudge Wed 24-Aug-16 20:24:55

Sounds like a plan! I was thinking bright coloured shoes, but yours sound nice.

Theknittinggorilla Wed 24-Aug-16 21:00:52

I was thinking bright orange shoes but my coat is orange? Maybe leopard print shoes (or coat!) might work?

wowfudge Wed 24-Aug-16 22:24:06

How about blue? I'd steer clear of leopard print - I just can't get past the associations with Bet Lynch or Dorian.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now