Talk

Advanced search

My roots are growing out - don't want to spend £160 on colour correction - shall I DIY and with what?

(1 Post)
MarksandSpencerfoodjunkie Wed 24-Aug-16 19:10:48

I'm growing out highlights that's looked lovely the first two times they were done but last time I ended up with a greenish tinge. Going out in the sun and using silver toners has helped. Went to another hairdresser who quoted me the above for balayage and a Demi permanent - which would give me an ombré look without the upkeep of roots. Thing is I don't have that kind of money (it was Aveda Covent Garden to be fair but I work in the city and everything is pricey). A hairdresser friend recommended I model for her salon's training academy but I'm nervous. I like my highlighted bits but my natural colour is lovely too (I appreciate it more now as at 48 I have virtually no grey) and the lighter bits are flattering. I'm guessing I can't get this look at home and am going to have to fork out. I do have £80 worth of Aveda vouchers so actually could stump up the £80. The hairdresser who gave me the consultation said it wouldn't need that much every time I needed the colour topped up but I'm wary after having my highlights go green.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now