Leather leggings

(30 Posts)
knowler Wed 24-Aug-16 18:33:59

I'm prepared to be told not to be a fool, but would leather leggings work on a size 18 with eg high heels and longish top? Am thinking of a classy very dark blue. Have been swayed by baukjen basically stalking me with images of 6 foot tall size 8 models wearing them smile

Pisssssedofff Wed 24-Aug-16 20:33:16

I think if you wear them with confidence they will look great, not for the shrinking violet what ever size you are

prettywhiteguitar Wed 24-Aug-16 21:28:47

I think that sounds great, you only know really if you try them on

Motherwithflaws Wed 24-Aug-16 21:30:43

Worth a try. I quite fancy some too!

JonahAndTheSale Wed 24-Aug-16 21:42:29

I love the idea of them!

Would they not be wildly sweaty though? shock

43andcounting Wed 24-Aug-16 21:54:10

I noticed a lovely pair of leather leggings (colors ink, charcoal and taupe) in Pure Collection. They were about £290 with 25% off, which seems good compared to the Baukjen price tag.

Happy to enable :-)

Fuzzypeggy Thu 25-Aug-16 10:57:51

I asked the same question on here a while ago although was asking about a size 14. I was firmly told that leather leggings only look good on a size 8-10 but I'm not sure about that. I didn't have the courage to buy any because I think, as you say, they would be better if my bum was covered by a longer top and I just don't suit that look. My hips and shoulders are my widest part so anything baggy or boxy or long on top makes me look much bigger, I look much better with fitted tops. So I scrapped the idea of the leather leggings. But if you suit longer tops then I can't see why this wouldn't work for you.

Pisssssedofff Thu 25-Aug-16 11:15:16

I'm a size 12 ish and my stomach is flat, my legs toned and Arse is mighty fine as I was told by a 31 year old in a club last weekend. I get annoyed that only size 8-10 people are allowed to exist and wear nice stuff, go to hell I look fab and I'm sure everyone else does too !

knowler Thu 25-Aug-16 12:47:16

43, the pure collection ones were what i'm looking at (baukjen only going to size 16 for these)!

It's a lot of money.

i might just give them a little try.

will let you know how good/bloody dreadful i look smile

I must admit, that I'm not a fan personally. I think they have a bit of a frogman look about them, whatever the size of the wearer. And would they not be rather, ahem, sweaty in the crotch area?

DameDoom Thu 25-Aug-16 14:22:41

I absolutely agree that you could wear them and the Baukjen navy ones are lovely. I have the black ones. If you are an 18, get them in a 16 anyway as they do stretch so sizing down is quite important otherwise they'll be flapping wildly after a few wears.

DameDoom Thu 25-Aug-16 14:30:12

Remus they are lined to avoid crotch rot and sweaty backs of knees. Baukjen is a MN member so you will get 20% off knowler. G'wan, g'wan. You can always send them back. They are incredibly addictive though.

Hopefully Thu 25-Aug-16 14:38:24

I have had leather leggings for four or five years, and can guarantee their non-sweatiness. I am in the market for new ones (lost weight) and contemplating the Baukjen ones too. I love the look of them though, and wore mine 2-3 times a week throughout the cooler months (Oct-April) so I feel like they were a good cost per wear for me.

knowler Thu 25-Aug-16 18:31:47

Thanks all smile

CaroleService Thu 25-Aug-16 18:36:06

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BAUKJEN MUMSNET DISCOUNT??

Jeezimacasalinga Thu 25-Aug-16 19:31:12

I'd love a pair but I'm not sure how to clean them - do they need to go to the dry cleaners every time?

43andcounting Thu 25-Aug-16 21:37:10

ooh, good luck knowler - please don report back. you might inspire me!

Another one here who didn't know about the MN discount at Baukjen...so, how does that work? Is there a code or something?

43andcounting Thu 25-Aug-16 21:38:19

ooh, good luck knowler - please don report back. you might inspire me!

Another one here who didn't know about the MN discount at Baukjen...so, how does that work? Is there a code or something?

DameDoom Thu 25-Aug-16 21:40:37

There is a code under 'discount partners' - just scroll down the page. It's 15% not 20% anymore. Still a good whack off though.

prettywhiteguitar Fri 26-Aug-16 23:12:22

Just to let you know there is an extra 20% off pure collection this bank holiday, so I ordered the ink leather pencil skirt grin excited I am grin

CaroleService Fri 26-Aug-16 23:59:34

YOUANDYOURS gets 20% of Baukjen this weekend apparently

43andcounting Sat 27-Aug-16 09:10:08

Uh oh...I foresee some wallet damage ...
Thanks everyone for the codes etc
I'd love to hear how the leggings work out

JonahAndTheSale Sat 27-Aug-16 21:10:44

what do people think of these faux leather leggings?

Would they be a very poor alternative to the real ones?

CaroleService Tue 30-Aug-16 19:20:57

You could wash them, which would be a bonus. I guess you'd have to go adn look at / feel them to see if they'd look as good as leather

prettywhiteguitar Wed 31-Aug-16 16:55:11

Got my leather skirt, was all set to return it as I am skint already, but it was too gorgeous and is now hanging in my wardrobe ! I'm waiting for my next meal out which is our first wedding anniversary grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now