We need new luggage

(9 Posts)
sweetheart Wed 24-Aug-16 14:46:40

Our cases were old and got wrecked coming back from holiday this year so I need to invest in some new luggage. However I've always brought bags from a local market which has now closed down so I have zero idea on what's good and whats not.

I need 4 cases and would like the ones with 4 wheels on the bottom but I'm worried about these getting snapped off as this is what happened to our cases this year (wheels were broken).

I'm not keen on spending a huge amount but I'm not really sure what is a good price or where is good to buy from.

Any recommendations please?

chough Wed 24-Aug-16 14:54:16

sweetheart, we need new luggage, too: boring thing to be buying, so have been putting it off.
Will sort it this weekend, and planning a trip to T J Hughes, as they usually have a decent selection at reasonable prices.

worriedworker01 Wed 24-Aug-16 14:55:45

Tripp suitcases v good and there is a sale on their website at moment.

sweetheart Wed 24-Aug-16 15:16:49

Chough - yes we've been putting it off too. I'm hoping this is a good time of year for luggage sales!

Worried - Thanks I'll take a look at that.

Any advice on hard Vs soft cases? Dh wants hard case but I'm worried they'll get cracked.

summerskittles91 Wed 24-Aug-16 15:34:12

Tripp. Look on Debenhams as they are always reduced there. Bought a few over 2 years ago and they're still good as new.

user1471441955 Wed 24-Aug-16 15:58:37

Have had some Tripp 4 wheeled ones for 10 years now- very good

GinandJag Wed 24-Aug-16 16:00:19

TKMaxx has a good selection of luggage.

sweetheart Wed 24-Aug-16 16:03:08

Gin, I've been told TK Maxx is supposed to be good but the trouble is I've no idea what is good luggage and what isn't so I could end up buying rubbish there.

Glad to hear more reviews of Tripp being very good - I've sent the link to dh so hopefully he'll like them too - I love the watermelon colour!

DandelionAndBedrock Wed 24-Aug-16 16:08:57

YY to Tripp. They have a 5 year guarantee - the trolley handle jammed on my little one (luckily when we were heading home) after 4 and a bit years. Emailed photos to customer services along with a photo of my receipt - new suitcase delivered within a fortnight. Really impressed. DP and I bought a big 4 wheel suitcase and it is really light.

Keep the receipt and the tags in a zippy pocket - good for claiming on the guarantee and you can easily find the measurements for checking dimensions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now