Talk

Advanced search

Is there any such thing as a comfortable bra?

(8 Posts)
TormundGiantsbabe Wed 24-Aug-16 14:31:22

I've spent the last couple of years in stretchy nursing bras which are amazingly comfortable... if not at all stylish or particularly supportive - not good when I need to run after the kids in the park!

The downside is I seem to have become sensitive to normal bras which now just feel too hard and restrictive around my ribs. I've tried going up a back size (to a 30 from a 28) but while it feels ok at first, after a couple of hours I can't wait to take it off.

Strangely, my most physically restrictive bra - my panache sports bra, is comfortable enough to sleep in (not that I do, but I could iykwim?).

So do I just have to wear sports bras for the rest of my life or do comfortable normal bras exist?

chough Wed 24-Aug-16 14:57:57

I've been much more comfortable in a non-wired bra: bought a few from M & S after searching their website for "padded non- wired bras".
They still seem to be supportive ( 32DD).

Cellardoor23 Wed 24-Aug-16 16:55:45

The most comfortable bra I own is from new look. I've tried most bras, debanams, m&s, bravismo and ones from John Lewis that all just ended up digging in a leaving a horrible deep red mark around my back.

I have a padded sports bra as well. It's so comfortable and supportive sometimes I forget I'm even wearing it!

marriednotdead Wed 24-Aug-16 18:07:27

It can be a wire shape/strap positioning issue as well as being out of the habit of wearing regular bras.

The closest bra styles that comes to mind for me based on your sports bra would be the Panache Envy, Fantasie Alex and Freya Idol.

timelytess Wed 24-Aug-16 18:20:24

poem
T-shirt bra.
Note to regulars, same old poem about a bra, no need to click.

HerdsOfWilderbeest Wed 24-Aug-16 18:26:22

You need this

www.marksandspencer.com/ultimate-comfort-underwired-full-cup-t-shirt-a-dd-bra/p/p22272114?&edcredirect&pdpredirect

Ammmmaaaaazing

barefootbird Wed 24-Aug-16 21:44:34

This is really comfortable and I can run around after the DC's in it pretty much without wobble.

I prefer the look of the more push them up bra's so I put up with the fact that they are slightly less comfortable.

woodhill Wed 24-Aug-16 21:47:14

I find Fantasie Rebecca really great. I have loads and the straps stay up.

The John Lewis ones seem to dig in or the straps slip down or pinch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now