Very oily skin and how can I stay matte

(9 Posts)
EvalionAngel Tue 23-Aug-16 18:29:16

I use Cliniques anti blemish range as well as Clinique pore minimiser. It works in the morning with the oil and my skin is beautiful and fresh clean etc. within 2/3 hours my face goes shiny with oil. How do I stay matte without constantly having to cleanse throughout the day. Hot weather makes it much worse.

Nettletheelf Tue 23-Aug-16 18:44:46

La Roche Posay serozinc spray. Look on the bright side. Oily skin looks younger for longer. I'm 45 and my good old oily skin has kept me looking ten years younger, even if I do have to manage oil slicks with cunning French products.

Cellardoor23 Tue 23-Aug-16 19:08:25

I'm exactly the same. It's very annoying, especially when I put make up on, it won't stay there for long! Like nettle said everyone thinks I'm about 23/24 when in reality ill be 30 in a couple months. So there's always a bright side a suppose!

At the moment I'm trying out Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser and toner as that was what was recommended for my oily skin. I've only been using it for a week but I haven't noticed a huge difference yet.

EvalionAngel Tue 23-Aug-16 19:25:35

Yes agree oily skin makes you younger. Would you cleanse every couple of hours or does your cleansers work all day to keep the oil in control.

Cellardoor23 Tue 23-Aug-16 19:59:45

At the moment I'm using it in the morning and before I go to bed. During the day I use a little bit blotting tissue or tissue paper. I don't think the heat has helped to be honest so that could be why my skin feels more oily than usual.

HawkingsMead Tue 23-Aug-16 20:03:30

Blotting tissue! Your makeup will stay on if you blot and don't rub the tissue.

I used to buy expensive rice paper Notting tissues but worked out that commercial hand drying papers worked much better. - the green and brown ones which are becoming rarer as hand dryers take over but you can find them and hoard them!

DragonsLoveSoup Tue 23-Aug-16 21:12:50

Glad it's not just me who uses paper hand towels for emergency blotting! Not very glamorous but does the trick. No matter what products I use I'll always have to blot regularly throughout the day, so watching this thread with interest in case anyone has discovered a miracle cure!

RobberBride Tue 23-Aug-16 21:16:51

You might want to check the ingredients of the Clinique ranges - I think the pore minimiser contains alcohol denat, which makes my oily skin much oilier. (Looks great for a few hours then it fights back!) I found this very useful: www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/skin-care-basics/_/alcohol-in-skin-care-the-facts

RobberBride Tue 23-Aug-16 21:17:24

Also Starbucks recycled napkins are awesome for blotting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now