Talk

Advanced search

Supplements for skin

(9 Posts)
CookieMonster67 Tue 23-Aug-16 18:25:23

I was told by a friend probiotics help reduce blemishes such as spots blackheads etc. Is this true and is there any other supplements that help. I am on zinc which helps a little bit, a multivitamin and b complex.

EvalionAngel Tue 23-Aug-16 19:26:50

Zinc is supposed to be good, I think drinking lots of water is the best for healthier skin.

Lottapianos Tue 23-Aug-16 19:28:51

Absolutely agree with loads of water, as well as no smoking, little sugar and as much sleep as possible. Vitamin D3 also supposed to be good for skin, and Omega or flaxseed oils

AnneGables Tue 23-Aug-16 19:31:33

I have been taking omega 3 for about 3 months now and my skin is looking the best it ever has. I've even stopped wearing foundation, just powder now.

I do other things too, hot cloth cleanse, water etc. But only the omega bit is a recent change.

ArtichokeHeartsAppleCarts Tue 23-Aug-16 19:54:47

I think probiotics are great for spots and other issues (DS2's hay fever much much better this year with high strength probiotics)

We use optibac extra strength-Expensive but v good

www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk/faq/can-probiotics-help-with-acne-or-spots

Also cutting out dairy can often help

purplefox Wed 24-Aug-16 08:28:57

Cutting out dairy and sugar will help

specialsubject Wed 24-Aug-16 10:07:23

Unless you are a child, old, ill or pregnant you dont need supplements if you eat properly. New recommendation for vit d but thats it.

Serenite Wed 24-Aug-16 11:00:03

I use hyaluronic acid capsules and swear by them - when I stop taking them I notice a difference in days. They seem to plump everything out and revitalise the skin. If you google them you can see what people say about them - have a look on Victoria health for good articles on how they benefit the complexion plus they sell them on that site. I started off buying them from there but I now get them (same good high strength as lots are not strong enough) cheaper on Amazon.

Shop Wed 24-Aug-16 19:42:47

I've been taking Angus Castus to help with cystic breakouts and it's really helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now