Talk

Advanced search

Probably a really stupid question but how do you know what's fashionable?

(4 Posts)
Nzou1050 Tue 23-Aug-16 17:09:12

As the title says really, I haven't a clue! As someone who has only ever bought stuff in the sale and worn stuff for years on end I've got no idea how you know what's in? Do i just look at what the shops are currently selling and assume that's it or are there any good websites with style ideas? Budget isn't massive. I normally buy clothes in Sainsbury's!

RoughMagic Tue 23-Aug-16 17:12:22

There are loads of fashion blogs out there. I follow several where the author had a similar body shape/style to me and take inspiration from there. I'm not a slave to fashion but I know what suits me. Style is more important than following all the latest trends.

DelphiniumBlue Tue 23-Aug-16 17:24:47

Look at shop windows and magazines, plus looking at people around you.
But I would have thought that most shops are going to be selling clothes that are currently fashionable, especially places like Top Shop, H & M, Zara etc.
Pinterest can be useful for ideas too.

Nettletheelf Tue 23-Aug-16 18:46:20

I always check what other people I perceive as stylish are wearing.

I never bother 'taking inspiration from the catwalk'. One idea in ten sticks and filters down to clothes normal people actually buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now