Talk

Advanced search

Sparkles on tattoo, what is this??

(13 Posts)
Fuzzypeggy Tue 23-Aug-16 12:56:32

I've noticed a lady When out and about today, who had a tattoo on her back (slouchy top dropping off her shoulders) and On the points of the tattoo design, there were some small diamantés. I've never seen this before, am just very curious as to whether this is just a pretty addition on the form of stickers or something more permanent. I imagine if they are stickers then they would be really difficult to put there by herself due to where they are on her back, and placed perfectly on the points of the design but I can't think how they are there in a more permanent way. Can anyone tell me what these are? I don't have any tattoos myself so am just curious

MsKite Tue 23-Aug-16 12:57:52

Is it some of those dermal piercings? I think that's what they're called. I don't have tattoos or piercings either

Fuzzypeggy Tue 23-Aug-16 12:58:57

Ooh I don't know, I've never heard of that, I'll google it

Amythest001 Tue 23-Aug-16 12:59:48

I work with someone who has back piercings...maybe them?

Fuzzypeggy Tue 23-Aug-16 13:00:22

Yes it did look like that! Googled it and it seems that it was dermal piercings, well you learn something new every day. Not my thing but it did look pretty.

Fuzzypeggy Tue 23-Aug-16 13:00:59

I think dermal ones amy, just looked like a tiny diamond sticker.

Amythest001 Tue 23-Aug-16 13:42:07

I bet they looked pretty!

herecomesthsun Tue 23-Aug-16 13:56:35

I have googled as have not seen this before.

Would it not be uncomfortable to lie on your back with something like this though? Or might that be part of the deal for some people?

herecomesthsun Tue 23-Aug-16 14:00:24

or likewise with comfort or practicality for any of these?

ChunkyHare Tue 23-Aug-16 14:07:44

I always imagine catching clothing on those when you are getting dressed/undressed. Ouch.

Fuzzypeggy Tue 23-Aug-16 14:09:50

Oh those rings with the lacing looks really painful. The ones I saw were more like the second pic but only a few spread apart. I don't know how they stay in. I'm intrigued now, more googling required!

willowtreeonfire Tue 23-Aug-16 14:10:08

I think with those corset piercings most people only actually keep them for a photograph or a special occasion. They don't last very well as the piercings tend to reject.

MsKite Tue 23-Aug-16 14:17:38

Oh dear I can't help but imagine them infected. I imagine you'd have to be quite careful to keep them clean and not get soap or body lotion in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now