Talk

Advanced search

Fake tan for beginners

(5 Posts)
Littlepig8834 Mon 22-Aug-16 21:55:32

Hope you can help. Best fake tan for someone who hasn't used it before. I go away soon and my legs are incredibly pale, they rarely see the light of day in the UK.

I've been using Dove gradual tan but the colour doesn't seem to be building.

I know it might seem daft using fake tan before going away, but I think a bit of colour on my legs would make me feel slightly less conscious in shorts/skirts.

CallarMorvern Tue 23-Aug-16 00:22:27

Bumping this up, as I'd like to know too. My top half is lightly tanned, but my legs are pure Dulux brilliant white and I'd like to even things up! Have never used tan in my life.

seefeld Tue 23-Aug-16 07:23:48

I've found the Clarins tanning drops pretty foolproof. You mix a few drops into your normal moisturiser and then smooth it on. The 'tan' develops really quickly and I've had no problems with streaking. Not cheap but the bottle lasts for absolutely ages

Liiinoo Tue 23-Aug-16 07:27:57

Bondi Sands Self tan Mist is good, it has a very fine spray so it is easy to use and not get tide marks and it has a faint guide colour so you can see which buts you have done and the full colour develops in an hour. It is messy though so best done in the shower so you can rinse it thoroughly afterwards.

If you want a cheaper, less messy alternative I would recommend the Garnier Summer Body gradual tan, but don't get the fair version. Even though I am naturally a bright bluish-white,,I use the deep colour way. It gives me a proper golden brown in just two days rather than the yellowy orange colour that pale skin gradual tans seem to produce. Once you have the colour you want you only need to reapply every 3/4 days.

I only discovered the trick of using the deep option last summer when I ordered the wrong thing from Tesco, but it has been transformative. After 50 years of looking like Caspar the ghost I now have beautiful brown legs all summer long.

Littlepig8834 Wed 24-Aug-16 08:23:41

Thank you! I do have the light version of the Dove gradual tan, perhaps that is where I have gone wrong. Someone else recommended Bondi to me too so perhaps I'll give that a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now