Talk

Advanced search

Sapphire Earrings

(4 Posts)
AmberNectarine Mon 22-Aug-16 20:52:13

Wedding anniversary coming up and I know DH will be after suggestions.

Quite fancy some sapphire earrings - my engagement ring is a big, square cut sapphire. I would like something slightly edgy, less classic if poss.

Budget up to £1k, maybe?

Any ideas? I'm not really a jewellery girl, but I like the idea of everyday earrings.

gonegrey56 Mon 22-Aug-16 22:12:18

I would take a look at some of the small independent designers in Liberty . You may get inspiration , or perhaps exactly what you want . Fenwicks and the Oxford Street branch of John Lewis (the second hand section where there are occasional great buys) may also have some earrings that appeal . It comes down to deciding how much you want the earrings to match your engagement ring (which sounds amazing!) - would buying unset sapphires perhaps be the answer , and having something unusual made up just for you ? What colour is the stone in your ring ? My engagement ring is a cornflower sapphire which has proved hard to match . I have some traditional style sapphire stud earrings, with diamond surrounds , but edgy they are not ....although I love them .

AmberNectarine Mon 22-Aug-16 22:22:00

Mine is a purple sapphire, so would be difficult to match. Not so bothered about that but they would need to be dark, I think. Good shout re Liberty - hadn't considered them. Also work v near Hatton garden, which is where the ring came from so may be worth a look.

blushrush Tue 23-Aug-16 16:01:49

Best places I know for jewellery are Hatton (previously mentioned), Birmingham, Warwick, Lichfield and Lincoln.

I shop at a local jewellery shop in Lincoln and I just took a quick look for sapphire earrings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now