Talk

Advanced search

V boring q: what does your hair feel like when you condition it while it's still wet? What can you recommend?

(13 Posts)
JoyceDivision Mon 22-Aug-16 20:32:11

Ok, I know it sounds strange, but surely when you put conditioner on your hair it should feel smoother?

When I put conditioner on it still feels stringy or ropey / rough...

I'm using the orange magic oils bottle one at the mo..

My hair is fine so not very swishing, more lifeless fluff, I rarely use hairdryers or straighteners so it's not getting dried out, and gets cut regularly so not frazzled split ends.

What do you recommend?
I've tried tigi (so-so) herbal essences (shite) body shop banana shampoo (meh)

hair help needed!

mumobsessedwithdamp Mon 22-Aug-16 21:30:15

Do you comb your hair through when it has the conditioner in it? That makes a big difference for me.

Pestilence13610 Mon 22-Aug-16 21:36:13

I'm a bit confused by your OP.

Normal routine
wet hair
shampoo
rinse
conditioner
wide tooth comb
rinse (hair suddenly feels silky)
dry (however you fancy)

What routine are you using?

JoyceDivision Thu 25-Aug-16 23:51:02

Hi.. thanks for replies

Routine...IN shower, wet hair, shampoo, rinse, apply conditioner, leave for a couple mins , rinse, now at this point I'd expect it to feel a bit soft or silky but it still feels stringy/ ropey like it's catching / pulling against other hair or like it's unconditioned, I think it's shit hair stuff I'm using so wan to find a nice shampoo and conditioner!

Toxicity Fri 26-Aug-16 11:27:58

Maybe try a different conditioner as that doesn't sound right!

Sativa Fri 26-Aug-16 11:35:00

My friend bought me an expensive conditioner for my birthday but it kind of just got absorbed straight away so I had that 'rough' feeling you've described. It smelt beautiful but it just didn't give that smooth feeling.
I use Tresemme Colour Vibrance shampoo and conditioner which is always on offer and is amazing. I'm sure it would be fine on non-coloured hair too smile

drinkyourmilk Fri 26-Aug-16 11:39:15

Combing the conditioner works well.

lasttimeround Fri 26-Aug-16 14:14:39

I suspect you've still got silicone or someghing somilar coating your hair from various products including your conditioner. This can mean when you condition it doexnt penetrate as your hair is coated. Wash hair with an sls containing shampoo (most shampoos have sls as does fairy) then condition. Or if that's too harsh wash with lemon juice or vinegar (white) then condition. Should feel smoother.

lasttimeround Fri 26-Aug-16 14:18:13

If hair comes out dry try some oil. And oil can also cause this a lot of the new extraordinary oil argon oil Moroccan oil products aren't oils at all. Just silicone. These give slip and shininess at first but lead to a rough scratchy build up. Again wash with sls shampoo to get it off. If you have the stuff in your kitchen.

lasttimeround Fri 26-Aug-16 14:23:25

You probably have silicone coating your hair. Wash with a shampoo containing sls to get it off (most shampoos contain these) then condition. Check your styling products aren't hugely full of silicone. A lot of the new oil products are full of silicone- google first ingredient of any argan Moroccan or extraordinary 'oil' you are using an lay off it until hair seems better.

lasttimeround Fri 26-Aug-16 14:24:10

Oh stupid me massive double posting blush

Ohchristmastreeohchristmastree Fri 26-Aug-16 15:00:43

I get what you are talking about - the product junkie name for it would be 'slip'. If you read reviews of conditioners on makeupalley everyone always talks about conditioners having 'good slip'.
I personally love ultimate blends conditioner - the sleek restored. Silicone free and gives good slip. Ooh matron!

WhooooAmI24601 Fri 26-Aug-16 15:08:14

Kerastase do a green range that's good for fine, wispy hair. Mine feels lovely and smooth when I use it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now