Talk

Advanced search

How to accessorise this dress?

(8 Posts)
ScandiCinnamon Mon 22-Aug-16 16:18:01

I am going to a wedding this Sunday and have bought a new dress I am not sure what ear rings & necklace to wear and any ideas gratefully accepted. smile I tend to wear gold over silver.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 22-Aug-16 16:26:55

I wouldn't normally put red and purple together, but. They're quite an unlikely match.
I'd put purple Jewellery with it. To go with the purple flowers on the dress
Ring
Chocker type necklace.
Earring.
Silver bag
Silver or French manicure nails

LuckySantangelo1 Mon 22-Aug-16 16:33:52

I'd say no necklace, small earrings and bangle style bracelet. You could wear either silver or gold. Ring to match it all. I do tend to go for less is more though!

Pinkcadillac Mon 22-Aug-16 21:01:55

what lucky said but I'd go for gold

ScandiCinnamon Tue 23-Aug-16 00:38:06

Thanks ladies.

I had a look at some choker type necklaces and I just had this frightful flashback to the 90's and not in a good way. I think I still remember them too well to actually be happy to see them back.

Bangle and ring is a great idea. Will have a look around.

Now, I have cream shoes, does the bag have to match?? hmm

Pinkcadillac Tue 23-Aug-16 21:11:06

No! matching bag and shoes is very dated

Bluetang Tue 23-Aug-16 21:17:30

I love your dress I think it's stunning, although I'm a fan of statement necklaces, I really think with this dress it would be overkill; a really fine gold necklace could look good, I'd go for a clutch bag in a purple or red tone to contrast with the cream shoes.

ScandiCinnamon Wed 24-Aug-16 14:28:45

Thank you for your ideas. Will a go with less is more regarding accessories.

Now, the next question being...would red lipstick be overkill? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now