Talk

Advanced search

Umberella - what's your best one?

(7 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 21-Aug-16 22:31:25

I never use them, hate them with passion.
But I need to buy one for my DD (14)

Needs to be able to fold up small, and be un-destroyable.
She looks after things so I'm happy to pay more to get her a good one.
Any brands I should look for?
And any I should avoid?

TIA smile

Cellardoor23 Sun 21-Aug-16 22:54:28

I've recently bought a Fulton umbrella from John lewis. It's supposed to be wind proof and quite sturdy. I haven't used it yet but it's small and compact and fits easily in my bag without taken up loads of room. It's had a few good reviews as well.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 22-Aug-16 19:03:45

thanks

I'm going shopping with DD this weekend, I'll look in Costco and if they don't have anything (they're very much Get It While You Can) but they'll have the A/W in now, I'll order from JL. (I like the windproof one, that's the worst of brollies when they turn themselves inside out)

dragonsarebest Mon 22-Aug-16 19:20:33

I have had this one for 3 years and no problems at all. I actually repurchased exactly the same model after I left my first one on a train. It's not superlight but it is sturdy.

botemp Mon 22-Aug-16 19:24:08

Look into the Senz umbrella, I have the original model for years now. They're engineered to withstand storms and I can attest that they're pretty much indestructable and crucially don't turn themselves inside out.

They're pricey but I haven't had to buy a new umbrella since and the unusual design keeps me drier than a traditional umbrella.They do a compact foldable version which is also good but withstands slightly less but in all honesty the speeds at which it can withstand are not the type of weather you'd stay outside for long anyhow.

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Mon 22-Aug-16 20:11:52

I was going to say Costco. I'm not sure what the brand is but mine is black and cream striped. It's automatic opening and closing and was about £10. It's the only one I've not managed to break or lose.

Trashbox Mon 22-Aug-16 20:13:11

Avoid the pound shop and Primark!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now