Talk

Advanced search

Does such a bag as this exist?

(18 Posts)
DesolateWaist Sun 21-Aug-16 18:19:16

I'm looking for a new purse but I've got to questioning why I bother having a purse. I almost never use cash, just cards and Apple Pay really. So I started questioning if there was any reason to have a purse and a bag as two separate things.

Can you get a smallish bag with effectively a purse inside, almost more like a big purse? I want card slots and perhaps a pocket for paper money.
I don't have small children so I don't really need to keep a bag full of wet wipes, tissues etc.

Does such a thing exist?

pinkieandperkie Sun 21-Aug-16 18:24:13

I've recently ditched the purse and now use an iPhone wallet case. It's fab you can store cards and paper money/ticket etc. everything in one place now I just grab my phone and go. I too use Apple pay so hardly ever use cash.

museumum Sun 21-Aug-16 18:28:57

How do you want to carry it? If you're talking shoulder strap then there are those travel purse bag things but they're not exactly stylish.
Otherwise a big big purse carried as a clutch?

DesolateWaist Sun 21-Aug-16 18:32:21

Shoulder strap rather than a clutch.

I am far from stylish - so un stylish bags don't worry me so much.

StopMakingMeLogOn Sun 21-Aug-16 18:36:48

I'm pretty sure I have seen these recently. Maybe in Topshop although I'm always shopping so it could have been anywhere

Have also seen some bags that are like two bags joined together with a flap part at the front and a zip part behind, so you can access money without rummaging through the whole bag.

StopMakingMeLogOn Sun 21-Aug-16 18:38:54

Have a look at Coach. Pretty sure they have something on their mini bags section

wiltingfast Sun 21-Aug-16 19:44:51

Etsy might be worth a poke around.

And traditional leather shops also.

You can also buy bag organisers which might convert the bags you have to your satisfaction? like this I find the etsy sellers great, they will make something to suit you if you want.

Amazon have similar too.

You can also get phone cases with credit card slots. smile

Otherwise you'll have to look at every bag you see! They are definitely out there though.

DesolateWaist Sun 21-Aug-16 19:50:52

Coach cost a billion pounds!

StopMakingMeLogOn Sun 21-Aug-16 20:04:45

Coach are worth keeping an eye on because they have good sales and I think they might have discount outlets somewhere too.

wiltingfast Mon 22-Aug-16 16:40:53

ooh look spotted this today smile

BeaLola Mon 22-Aug-16 23:55:34

uk.coach.com/coach-designer-cases-messenger-with-pop-up-pouch-in-pebble-leather-/53529.html?dwvar_color=LIFOR

Something like this ? They do have great sales ... There was a thread on here a few weeks ago with someone buying a tote bag with a great discount - I was very tempted.

How about Russell & Bromley ?

ophiotaurus Tue 23-Aug-16 00:09:40

Fossil often have ones with wallets built in.

ProseccoPoppy Tue 23-Aug-16 00:09:47

What's your budget? They're a bit pricey but the Mini Lily bags from Mulberry are lovely www.mulberry.com/gb/shop/lily/mini-lily-oxblood-coloured-natural-leather or their clutch bags are really nice www.mulberry.com/gb/shop/women/bags/clutches/continental-clutch-candy-small-classic-grain

Or Osprey for something that's more affordable but still nice leather etc. Like this - www.designershoesnotdesignerprices.co.uk/ourshop/prod_3994016-Osprey-designer-clutch-shoulder-bag-orange-leather-boxed-new.html

DesolateWaist Tue 23-Aug-16 00:12:52

Thank you so much for looking.
However my budget is tiny wee and as a vegetarian I'd rather avoid leather if I can.

Thank so much for thinking about it though.

Pandamanda3 Tue 23-Aug-16 00:32:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PerspicaciaTick Tue 23-Aug-16 01:03:05

This sort of thing?

Even teenier price

Pandamanda3 Tue 23-Aug-16 01:16:14

not designer or branded but nice all the same
From leather to synthetic like faux leathers I mean all sorts for all budgets. Customers sometimes send a pic of an item they've seen for me to look for with a budget in mind.
Not sure if that post was asking me still getting hang of it ha!

ProseccoPoppy Tue 23-Aug-16 05:45:51

OP how about something like this? Synthetic and has card slots and pretty (and looks good value) www.fiorelli.com/shop/handbags/crossbody-bags/carlton-small-crossbody-red.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now