Clothes you always take on holiday - just in case

(30 Posts)
JackandDiane Sun 21-Aug-16 12:23:45

My SIL always takes a swimsuit everywhere just in case.
I once had a need for a fleece/sweater in Florida ( Dec 2012 was COLD) and so now always take a cashmere sweater EVERYWHERE

what do you always take with?

Pisssssedofff Sun 21-Aug-16 12:30:45

A waterproof coat

leccybill Sun 21-Aug-16 12:35:09

Scarf to cover up in case of visiting churches etc.

botemp Sun 21-Aug-16 12:39:33

A large scarf- cotton/linen or wool depending on destination. Always useful, especially on a plane.

Flip flops- never like those complimentary towel ones in hotels which are useless around a pool/spa area. I always take them home for my aunt though, who collects them confused.

A bunch of elastic hair bands- such a pain if you're suddenly without and they're never quite the same elsewhere.

A bikini- doubles up as emergency underwear in a pinch and is quicker to wash and dry.

brandyandsummergloves Sun 21-Aug-16 12:41:00

Black cardigan. Goes with everything and good for chilly evenings

lasttimeround Sun 21-Aug-16 12:41:01

A kikoi - african version of a hammam towel with a bit less tassel. Use as a beach towel, scarf or skirt and as a cover inside suitcase keeps everything contained.

DelphiniumBlue Sun 21-Aug-16 12:42:52

Flip flops,big scarf, denim jacket, hairband/clips.

JackandDiane Sun 21-Aug-16 12:51:03

oh i never go anywhere that gives free flip flops!

Scarf probably a good plan too

JackandDiane Sun 21-Aug-16 12:51:26

Denim jacket - not warm though, is it?

Boolovessulley Sun 21-Aug-16 12:54:01

A towel and a tea towel.

Toooldtobearsed Sun 21-Aug-16 12:54:39

We are just back from a 3 week tour around in the motorhome. Now, our motorhome is large, but has a very small wardrobe. My DH NEEDED, mind ou NEEDED to take 6 jackets, just in case 😮

I took a waterproof and a leather jacket.

Neither of us wore a coat in the entire 3 weeks 😂

Boolovessulley Sun 21-Aug-16 12:54:58

Sorry just re read the title of the thread.
A lightweight cardigan.

FinallyHere Sun 21-Aug-16 13:04:01

Silk thermals. They take up hardly any room and you can wear them underneath anything for warmth, making your outfits much more flexible.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 21-Aug-16 13:09:21

A bikini and a pair of woolen socks.

Black cotton cardigan
Thin scarf or bandana
Silver bangle - even if we're not going anywhere that requires dressing up, shoving a bangle and some lipstick on with a sundress or jeans makes me feel as if I've made an effort!

bingohandjob Sun 21-Aug-16 17:05:50

Turkish towel - this summer I used it as a wrap on the plane, pic nic blanket, sarong, towel, skirt at pool, bag to carry shopping - the lot. £7 on eBay so don't mind giving it a hammering but even after all that, still looks like new. Washed every night, dries super quick.

bingohandjob Sun 21-Aug-16 17:07:06

Oh, and a Uniqlo super lightweight down parka jacket - airplane pillow and great for chilly nights.

lasttimeround Sun 21-Aug-16 17:09:25

Silk thermals and the fold up parka thing. Great ideas - and I already have the jacket just hadn't thought what a handy pillow it would make

LockedOutOfMN Sun 21-Aug-16 17:19:53

Socks to wear in hotel room so I feel "relaxed" (not wearing shoes) but bare feet not touching floor.

Bikini.

Scarf for plane.

JackandDiane Sun 21-Aug-16 18:37:19

god the uniqlo jacket is a brilliant idea. I wish I had brought one here

JackandDiane Sun 21-Aug-16 18:37:39

always take my havaianas for hotels/hostels

JackandDiane Sun 21-Aug-16 18:38:17

ive not got a silk vest but vests generally are a good idea.
I took one on a day trip to london the other day when i just wasn't sure

dudsville Sun 21-Aug-16 21:37:06

Slip ons for airport, airplane, hotels, etc., comfortable but nice looking footwear for the rest. A cardigan/jacket, socks. Pj's that Cwm be worn comfortably in front of others without feeling on display!

poppym12 Sun 21-Aug-16 23:24:04

Socks to wear on the plane.

RonaldMcDonald Mon 22-Aug-16 03:09:26

Short black t shirt dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now