Talk

Advanced search

Ok so if Boden is ditching the size 22 me then where can I buy....

(51 Posts)
Northernlurker Sun 21-Aug-16 00:10:17

An exciting and warm winter mac

Breton tops other than Joules

easy to wear tunics that are fairly smart

I have another thread complaining about this decision on their part btw.

NewBallsPlease00 Sun 21-Aug-16 00:27:26

Please don't take this in a nasty way but you sound v angry about it all! 22 isn't the healthiest of sizes, focus on your health rather than size availability
I say this as someone who isn't a standard size

Trixieceratops Sun 21-Aug-16 00:31:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DancingDinosaur Sun 21-Aug-16 00:32:24

Well thats helpful newballs. Ffs hmm

Naoko Sun 21-Aug-16 00:45:18

So what Newballs, she should go around naked until such a point as she's not a size 22? hmm Don't be ridiculous.

Northernlurker Sun 21-Aug-16 00:51:01

Newballs you know nothing about my health and I didn't ask for your opinion on my health. If you have some clothing suggestions to make than please do make them. Otherwise I suggest you focus on your own personality. It doesn't seem very healthy to me. Best to focus on improving that eh?

bellabelly Sun 21-Aug-16 00:58:57

Seasalt.co.uk? I love their stuff. Sizing usually generous, free returns if buying online.

chattygranny Sun 21-Aug-16 01:00:42

ASOS has some nice stuff.

sunshineandmarbles Sun 21-Aug-16 01:05:10

I'm honestly not sure about sizing, but might be worth looking at Fat Face and White Stuff - they definitely do nice tunics and Breton tops (or similar).

Lollyp333 Sun 21-Aug-16 01:08:45

Northernlurker Sun 21-Aug-16 01:11:09

I think fat face only goes to an 18, I thought white stuff was the same. I like sea salt. Might try them.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sun 21-Aug-16 01:21:52

Fat face might be worth trying Northern - it's pretty generous. A size 12 dress fitted a size 18 me recently!

HoneyDragon Sun 21-Aug-16 01:25:00

La redoute .... Have all the things you've suggested and afaik go up to a size 26.

MagentaRose72 Sun 21-Aug-16 01:46:52

RonaldMcDonald Sun 21-Aug-16 01:47:37

Newball's comment gave me Hannibal Lecter urges.
My maw is now in a wheelchair and she has put on roughly 1/2 stone per year for 10 yrs of her illness.
She was a 12 all her adult life up to debilitating crapola life changing illness. Now she's a 22. She still wants to look nice but shops selling plus sizes are generally a punishment in terms of fabric fashion cut styling and then price.
Asking where to find nice clothes at any size does not require some chiding

Off to find a nice Chianti

RockinHippy Sun 21-Aug-16 02:04:37

Magenta

Are you selling this service or something, I keep seeing you pop up on threads, but linking to & recommending the same thing confused

RepentAtLeisure Sun 21-Aug-16 02:07:36

22 isn't the healthiest of sizes, focus on your health rather than size availability

Wow, what an awesome idea NewBalls you must be a health expert!! I am a size 22 and you'll be pleased to know that I am constantly focused on my health thanks to the hashimotos thyroid condition I got after my hormones crashed post-childbirth that caused me to gain a dress size every year until I realized that the 'perfect' hormone replacement meds my GP prescribed actually do nothing for my particular condition, and the accompanying adrenal exhaustion kicked in, and now I also have gallstones which means I have to lose weight very slowly because weightloss can make them get worse. Do I sound focused enough? Can I go back to talking about clothes now? I assume you wouldn't like to see me walking around naked...

Bellyrub1980 Sun 21-Aug-16 02:14:58

Sea salt sell lovely items in generous sizing. Not sure if they go up to a 22 but my size 18/20 body fitted very comfortably in one of their size 16 dresses recently.

Mantaray (Debenhams) is a bit hit or miss with patterns but the occasional lovely classic item similar to the fat face/white stuff style.

Sounds like you can afford nicer brands but Sainsburys go up to a 22 and I buy loads of things in there and the quality is often very good.

chattygranny Sun 21-Aug-16 06:35:14

Tesco F&F range is also good. I thought it stood for Fat and Fabulous but my DDs guffawed and told me it's Florence and Fred! Repent, sympathies same thing happened to me post DC4.

Lucymatilde Sun 21-Aug-16 06:47:11

I think Seasalt only go up to 20. I am tall and like Long Tall Sally and they go up to 22.

InScotlandwetrust Sun 21-Aug-16 07:00:16

Yours clothing has a rearly good range and they go up to a size 32. Their sizing is really generous as well.

marmiteloversunite Sun 21-Aug-16 07:09:17

I think Monsoon go up to a size 22? They are pretty generous too.

lasttimeround Sun 21-Aug-16 07:25:27

Asos curve? They have a stripe top (not quite breton) m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos-curve/asos-curve-longline-top-in-textured-stripe-rib/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6843548&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=asos+curve+tops&pgesize=20&pge=0&totalstyles=20&gridsize=2&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=1

lasttimeround Sun 21-Aug-16 07:28:31

And 2 macs in a 22. Including this onehttp://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos-curve/asos-curve-mac-with-waterfall-drape-and-roll-back-sleeve/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6575177&clr=Blush&SearchQuery=mac+coat&pgesize=2&pge=0&totalstyles=2&gridsize=2&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=2
Their sizing and quality are a bit random tho. It isn't much choice

MarzipanDildo Sun 21-Aug-16 07:43:27

The Burnham Bay range at Yours Clothing might be up your street?

http://www.yoursclothing.co.uk/burnham-bay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now