Talk

Advanced search

Acceptable or not so much?

(3 Posts)
Cakedoesntjudge Fri 19-Aug-16 23:19:17

So I'm going on holiday tomorrow and since I did the shopping for this a bit on the late side I only managed to pick up one beach cover up thingy. I've noticed a lot of them are silky kaftan (I think that's the word? I am a tad clueless, sorry) sort of thing.

I have one of those short silky dressing gowns That is blue and patterned. I can't see that it looks so different from the cover ups you seem to get at the moment, is it acceptable to use it as one for the holiday? Or will everyone know and think I'm an oddball? blush

Doobigetta Fri 19-Aug-16 23:25:31

I'm not sure anyone would really notice. I've seen every kind of beach cover-up- dresses, sarongs, oversized shirts, kaftans, kimonos. I'm not sure a robe is that different.

Cakedoesntjudge Sat 20-Aug-16 00:10:54

Phew! Thank you grin

I haven't been abroad in years and last time I did go I was 18, hadn't had my DS and was perfectly happy wandering about in a bikini. Now I am considerably worse off figure wise, what is and isn't acceptable cover up wise has been a bit beyond me blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now