Talk

Advanced search

Best intensive moisture hair treatment

(10 Posts)
Wenchelda Fri 19-Aug-16 16:22:57

My hair needs some serious moisture treatment - it's like straw at the moment and in horrible condition. What's the most effective treatment I can get to restore it to something resembling normal? Thanks.

DoItTooJulia Fri 19-Aug-16 16:24:34

Could you try raw coconut oil slathered on?

I'd apply all over and then put a towel in my head and try and leave it on all day. Was out and possibly put a tiny bit in the ends for drying?

bomfunk Fri 19-Aug-16 16:26:50

You need a mix of 'protein' and 'moisturising'. I like the lee Stafford shampoo and deep conditioner 'for hair that doesn't grow beyond a certain length'. Use these every hairwash for a week. Then introduce a moisturising shampoo and conditioner - whatever you prefer, every hairwash for a week. Beyond this, use the protein very 3rd wash.

90daychallenger Fri 19-Aug-16 16:29:11

Second vote for coconut oil.

Wash your hair really well and dry it. Then put loads of coconut oil on and brush through. Your hair will feel greasy and horrible. Put it up in a towel and leave for several hours.

Wash out with your normal shampoo but don't condition it.

Voila!

Wenchelda Fri 19-Aug-16 16:35:11

Ooh I've got coconut oil for cooking but never occurred to me to use it for hair. Thought I'd have to spend a fortune on some special treatment. Definitely going to give that a try!

phoolani Fri 19-Aug-16 16:47:00

I've tried loads but always come back to PK Elastisizer (sp?) when my hair is particularly bad.

dalmatianmad Fri 19-Aug-16 16:49:20

Raw coconut oil, it's done wonders for my hair, I also use it on my legs because they get really dry.....

lasttimeround Fri 19-Aug-16 16:57:48

For protein add some eggs and honey. Obviously rinse out with cold water or you'll have scrambled egg in your hair

bendyruler Sat 20-Aug-16 01:09:54

Kerastase mask ...I had really dry hair from bleaching and from working outside ( I used the one in the orange tub) I left it on for a couple of hours and it's worked a miracle it's not cheap but it's worth it.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Aug-16 01:17:16

Boots Perfect Hair Mask ( managed to get one last week but I think --hope not - it's discontinued)

Or there's the Shea Moisture in Boots (on 2 for £16 offer) which is good but I haven't tried the mask.

I couldn't get on with coconut oil .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now