French style blogs/sites- any recommendations?

(5 Posts)
Hippywannabe Fri 19-Aug-16 16:08:44

I enjoyed reading through a couple of threads on here about French style. Arrived home yesterday after a wonderful French holiday and am yet again impressed by the French sense of style.
Can anyone recommend any blogs or the like to have a read of? I am starting the diet again tomorrow :-)

botemp Fri 19-Aug-16 17:02:06

Originally French but now living in NYC, Garance Dore. She's an illustrator with a focus on fashion and lifestyle. Her blog is growing into a whole multimedia platform these days. I don't have the patience to follow it but she's very popular and it should be interesting to browse through although it's not a 'how to' type deal I think.

Googling a lot of street style images of Emmanuelle Alt and her Vogue Paris minions might be useful if that's the look you're going for.

Not life changing but a fun read nonetheless, How to be Parisian by Sophie Mas, Audrey Diwan, Caroline de Maigret, and Anne Berest. Ines la Fressange also wrote a guide to French style, Parisian Chic: A Style Guide, but I haven't read it but it tends to be highly rated. Paris Street Style: A Guide to Effortless Chic was interesting but more of a coffee table book than anything else. Garance Dore also wrote a book but I haven't even had a look at it yet.

I would note there's a bit of a difference between Parisian style and French style. I tend to favor the former so the above refers to that.

Hippywannabe Sat 20-Aug-16 11:56:35

Thank you, will take a look.
anyone else got any recommendations?

HairsprayQueen Tue 23-Aug-16 06:40:10

Just read this and thought of this thread

10 Fantastique French-Inspired Blogs
www.bloglovin.com/blogs/simply-luxurious-life-1538161/10-fantastique-french-inspired-blogs-5088265285

Hippywannabe Tue 23-Aug-16 11:48:46

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now