Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - wedding guest outfit, need to hide baby bump

(8 Posts)
Bubbinsmakesthree Fri 19-Aug-16 14:37:47

I'm going to a wedding next week. I've recently found out I'm pregnant and don't want to tell anyone yet.

I'm suffering from a bad case of '1st trimester bloat' and sporting a very distinct bump - I'm tall and normally quite 'straight up and down' so the pot belly is a dead giveaway. The outfit I had for the wedding is quite clingy and i look about 20 weeks gone in it!

So help me S&B, what can I wear?

Need to know details:
-I'm v tall, size 10, dark hair, pale skin
-prefer dresses at least knee length, and must look OK with flats
-wedding is at quite a smart venue but not overly formal/traditional.
-I have no budget as such as wasn't expecting to need to buy a new outfit! So cheap is good!

FauxFox Fri 19-Aug-16 14:49:18

Structured fit and flare will give you a good waist in your silhouette
pastel blue
roses
pink

Bubbinsmakesthree Fri 19-Aug-16 18:31:47

Ooh that is a good shape, thank you fauxfox. - I like the one with roses. I'm always cautious about white at weddings but that's not 'bridal' at all is it (is it?)

rosegoldie Fri 19-Aug-16 18:44:27

Something a bit loose and floaty will help disguise the bump! How about one of these? They are in the 'tall' range as well

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos-tall/asos-tall-midi-dress-in-floral-print-with-cold-shoulder/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6787749&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=&cid=18984&pgesize=100&pge=1&totalstyles=308&gridsize=2&gridrow=41&gridcolumn=2

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos-tall/asos-tall-salon-layer-lace-crop-top-midi-prom-dress/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6479856&clr=Green&SearchQuery=&cid=18984&pgesize=150&pge=2&totalstyles=308&gridsize=2&gridrow=54&gridcolumn=1

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos-tall/asos-tall-tiered-colourblock-pleated-mini-dress/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6713230&clr=Whiteyellow&SearchQuery=&cid=18984&pgesize=50&pge=0&totalstyles=308&gridsize=2&gridrow=20&gridcolumn=2

And congrats smile

rosegoldie Fri 19-Aug-16 18:45:28

Just saw you want at least knee length in which case disregard my last suggestion as that one is quite short!

Bubbinsmakesthree Fri 19-Aug-16 19:52:03

Thanks rosie - I like the second one though it is more than I would ideally want to spend.

I was looking at this one on asos:

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6140906

And this one:

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6324235

rosegoldie Fri 19-Aug-16 21:28:10

Ooh love the pastel fit and flare!

The multiway is also lovely and if you wear with the sash in a bow at the front it offers more bump disguise!

Bubbinsmakesthree Sat 20-Aug-16 12:52:46

I worry that being linen the multiway would end up looking like a rag, but it's a good price and could be dressed down so might get more wear out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now