Any Mumsnetters work or live near Victoria?

(10 Posts)
superstaary Fri 19-Aug-16 11:06:46

Hello!

Do any of you lovely people live or work near the London Victoria branch of Dorothy Perkins. I have seen a dress on their website that I am desperate to have. My first post baby purchase!

It's only available in a 6 on the site so way too small. Calling Victoria hasn't helped a they tell me they do not have the facilities to take a payment via phone and neither do customer services. Debenhams don't have it in my size either sad

It's not available in my size in any Glasgow or Edinburgh stores, Victoria is the only one I can find that do have it. Is there anyone that would be willing to purchase and post to me if I call and reserve it in the store. I would pay upfront of course.

TIA grin

superstaary Fri 19-Aug-16 18:01:43

Bumping for the evening crowd

SwearyGodmother Fri 19-Aug-16 18:07:10

I'm local to Victoria and am happy to help - though they're not good on stock control as everything they've ever had "in stock" on their website is a lie. Happy to have a look for you though.

superstaary Sat 20-Aug-16 00:20:21

Thanks Sweary that's really good of you. I will call them tomorrow and ensure that they do have it so I don't send you on a wild goose chase. Hopefully they will agree to reserve it until you can get there. Really appreciate you offering. grin

superstaary Sun 21-Aug-16 22:57:41

Hi Sweary. I finally managed to get through to the store today and you were right, they don't actually have the dress in stock even though it is showing stock online. Thank you again for offering, it won't meant to be 😀

acatcalledjohn Sun 21-Aug-16 23:00:16

Which dress and what size? Stock control at my local store has been pretty reliable...

superstaary Tue 23-Aug-16 12:21:46

acat, it is this one m.dorothyperkins.com/h5/product?productId=24223100. I'm going away in September and was wanting it for my holiday

acatcalledjohn Tue 23-Aug-16 13:15:14

That's lovely but called and sadly it's not stocked at all in my local store I'm afraid. Have you tried eBay? Someone might be selling it there.

DianaT1969 Wed 24-Aug-16 09:35:53

I stopped shopping at DP since I heard it was owned by Philip Green. Shame, as it was handy for holiday casual. Thank goodness he doesn't own H&M smile

TollgateDebs Wed 24-Aug-16 13:53:31

Is this one any good?

www.wallis.co.uk/en/wluk/product/dresses-265974/animal-print-maxi-shirt-dress-5774927?bi=0&ps=20

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now