Talk

Advanced search

In the summer I wear Saltwater sandals and Birkenstocks

(23 Posts)
CountryLifeMummy Thu 18-Aug-16 23:47:17

...but I never know what to wear on my feet in the winter!
I like comfy, flat, shoes that won't get ruined in the rain and mud. SAHM so casual every day style but still "cool" smile

LittleLostRoeDeer Thu 18-Aug-16 23:53:55

Clarks desert boots. I love them. Admittedly, I have to buy the men's ones because my feet are so big...

christinarossetti Thu 18-Aug-16 23:59:04

Have a look at Spanish company El Naturista.

puglife15 Fri 19-Aug-16 02:43:47

Clark's flattish chunky ankle boots - Orinoco Club I think. So comfy (usually, I think certain colours are better than others?!).

I have several pairs in various colours, worn to death. I know at least six people who have them and they all love them.

Nearlyadoctor Fri 19-Aug-16 07:57:07

Another one here that goes straight from Birkenstocks / Reefs into winter boots although this year I have bought a pair of loafers ( planning ahead).
Not my usual style but actually look great with jeans or jersey type dresses. They're not flat but very comfy...

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26118878

carrie74 Fri 19-Aug-16 08:40:12

Sam Edelman Petty ankle boots. And trainers, trainers, trainers.

Nearlyadoctor Fri 19-Aug-16 08:53:35

Also bought some superga's in the spring and wear them on colder days.

PopadomPointer Fri 19-Aug-16 09:21:30

Doc Martins when wet
Birkenstock when sunny

jennymac Fri 19-Aug-16 09:41:42

Fly London boots in winter - incredibly comfy and hard wearing.

Ilovetea82 Fri 19-Aug-16 09:43:21

Birkenstocks in summer and fly boots in winter

justjuanmorebeer Fri 19-Aug-16 09:47:09

I live in dr martens boots, converse or brogues/flat lace ups (my fave are from miista)

ImYourWomanJonSnow Fri 19-Aug-16 09:54:58

Blundstone boots will take you from a muddy walk in the woods to the city, they are sturdy, waterproof, look great and comfy. Mine are black and go with anything.

CountryLifeMummy Sat 20-Aug-16 16:54:46

Thank you everyone! I'll have a look

Leather Converse
Ankle boots
Just bought DM shoes and am hoping to have them nice and soft and broken in by the time black opaques weather kicks in!

anotherdayanothersquabble Sat 20-Aug-16 17:12:33

Scarpa mojito trainers then Sorel winter boots. SAHM with active lifestyle.

ElspethFlashman Sat 20-Aug-16 17:16:39

Which Sorel's do you have? I like them as we have a stockist nearby but they look more snowwear to me rather than rain boots?

ScrambledSmegs Sat 20-Aug-16 17:35:01

I bought some DM slouchy boots at the end of last winter - biker style ones, very comfortable. Forget the name. Also have some Uggs (Gershwin?) which are fully lined in shearling for the very cold weather, although I found them too warm for the mostly mild winter we had.

I'm still on the lookout for some brogues as inbetween season shoes. Agnes and Norman did the most comfortable ones for my feet but the styles were just a bit too retro for me.

BobbinThreadbare123 Sat 20-Aug-16 17:38:42

Clarks, Oxygen, DMs, trainers of every sort, Merrells.

JennyHolzersGhost Sat 20-Aug-16 17:43:23

Clark's brogues.

dudsville Sat 20-Aug-16 18:09:12

In the summer I wear Tevas and birkenstocks, in the winter I wear loafers and brogues. I have some boots but they are too heavy for work (i'm in an office) so boots only get worn when outdoors.

specialsubject Sat 20-Aug-16 18:10:21

sports direct or mountain warehouse - if you have feet size 7 or more buy from the men's ranges. Better made, cheaper, more waterproof and no silly pink bits.

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Sat 20-Aug-16 18:15:26

Camper Peu

anotherdayanothersquabble Sat 20-Aug-16 20:14:05

I have three different pairs of Sorels (my excuse being that they don't die... and that I live in Switzerland so live in my Sorels from October to March). They are different levels of warmth for different weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now